Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hurricane Matthew

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need a thread to communicate which Super Chargers are open or closed in the Hurricanes path.

I am an East Coast Refugee taking refuge at the Holiday Inn in Bradenton on the West Coast of FL with my Tesla. I will not return home until power has been restored. More for Air conditioning., but also for Tesla charging.

Weather Channel reports 84,000 power outages now.

All of our best bets is to call Tesla Roadside Assistance's Supercharger Hotline and ask them the live status of a supercharger you are heading towards. They can immediately see if its online. Any online reporting could change quickly. Stay safe!

During the Katrina aftermath we were without power for more than a week (some nearby areas were without for many weeks). We had to drive to Baton Rouge to get gas (65 miles away, 130 miles round trip) for most of that time.

Post Katrina I acquired a whole home (25 kW) natural gas powered generator and the Tesla. Natural gas was the only utility we didn't lose during the Katrina mess. I've always taken comfort in knowing that in the aftermath of the next one I'll be one of the few that can get around without searching for gasoline.

Mike

Reactions: Cyclone
All of our best bets is to call Tesla Roadside Assistance's Supercharger Hotline and ask them the live status of a supercharger you are heading towards. They can immediately see if its online. Any online reporting could change quickly. Stay safe!

Do you have a number or other contact?

New Thread
Supercharger Availability during Hurricane Matthew

Last edited:

Do you have a number or other contact?

New Thread
Supercharger Availability during Hurricane Matthew

877-798-3752 , Option 4

• Informative
Reactions: TFHutch
Thank you again Cyclone for the Teslas Roadside Assistance Phone number 877-798-3752, Option 4
Haven't tried it yet, no power at home, not going home until power is restored. Probably Saturday morning if all goes well. Will then call Tesla Roadside Assistance and see if Ft Drum, Ft Pierce, West Palm Beach SuperChargers are operational.

Thank you again Cyclone for the Teslas Roadside Assistance Phone number 877-798-3752, Option 4
Haven't tried it yet, no power at home, not going home until power is restored. Probably Saturday morning if all goes well. Will then call Tesla Roadside Assistance and see if Ft Drum, Ft Pierce, West Palm Beach SuperChargers are operational.

As a tip, if there are still widespread outages when you are heading home and/or heavy storming (it is maybe coming back to Florida on Tuesday after all), I would recommend hitting every Supercharger on your way home since you may find one goes offline during the drive. Chances are unlikely for that to happen (especially as you move further out in time to let the storm pass), but still a good thought. If you were evacuating now, I would definitely hit every SpC. Stay safe!

P.S., to my Central and Northern Florida brethren, sorry that I was praying South Florida and my mother's house be spared! May you all be spared!

Reactions: Ormond
I remember the traffic when evacuating for Floyd 17 years ago- it took over 12 hours to go 80 miles! The beach is no place to be in a storm! I'm heading north i
Not sure if you've seen but Disney has shut down most of their Operations and their hotels are basically in lockdown through Friday. Check out Important Information on Hurricane Matthew for details.

Arrived at Disney at 1:30 yesterday. Attended one meeting before Disney announced a 5pm shutdown. By then, it would have taken me 4-5 hours to make the usually one hour drive back to Tampa, so we stayed. Storm last night was a non event and the wind today has been moderate. Brief meetings today and a long meeting will happen tomorrow morning, thus we are hanging in for the duration.

I am glad I am not one of those parents with five small kids trapped in the hotel with little to keep them busy.

My Tesla is safely tucked into the garage at home, although the app is not showing that it is plugged in. Power failed at home during the evening, so I am assuming the breaker for the charger plug must have tripped. Nothing I can't fix when I get home tomorrow.

Reactions: Cyclone
Larry
Charged at Tampa yesterday morning. Have 235 miles remaining for a normal 161 mile trip. Would like to confirm Fort Drum, Ft Pierce and West Palm Beach are operational before heading home on SR70.
Any information would be helpful in case roads are full of storm debris.
Hi Fred,

Here's an excerpt from page 119 of the Owner's Manual:

Note: If a supercharger located on your existing route experiences an outage, Trip Planner displays a notification and reroutes you to a different supercharger location.

The phone number for Roadside Assistance is (877-798-3752).

Larry

NOAA imagery for damage evaluation:

Hurricane MATTHEW Imagery

"This imagery was acquired by the NOAA Remote Sensing Division to support NOAA national security and emergency response requirements. In addition, it will be used for ongoing research efforts for testing and developing standards for airborne digital imagery. Individual images have been combined into a larger mosaic and tiled for distribution. The approximate ground sample distance (GSD) for each pixel is 50 cm / zoom level 18."