Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hurricane Zeta and Supercharger Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the next day or two I will be driving through the area Zeta mangled. I would like to sit in the comfort of my warm home to plan my trip but I don’t see a way to see if a supercharger site has been knocked off line. Is there a way to tell supercharger status? I thought the Tesla supercharger map did that, but unless I missed something, it doesn’t

Any thoughts welcomed

The map in the car will display the current status of Superchargers, and how many slots are in use, but I think only for ones within a certain distance of the car, like a few hundred miles. So you can't just browse over to one a couple thousand miles away and see its status.

Reactions: hcdavis3
but I think only for ones within a certain distance of the car, like a few hundred miles. So you can't just browse over to one a couple thousand miles away and see its status.

Sitting in my S now in Las Vegas viewing the SuperCharger map, I see that Lady Lake, FL and Ossining, NY are showing reduced service. That's a distance of 2,264 miles and 2,549 miles respectively.

I’m in Taos, NM heading to Orlando area. I would likely use the Lady Lake charger but there are other ways around it. For example both ABRP and the Tesla Route Planner had me skip that charger on the way out, but when I got in the car to leave, it routed me though Lady Lake even though the total miles and charge needed was almost identical.

What I was hoping to avoid was sitting in the car for an hour+ in below freezing weather, with other mapping SW on my iPad trying to plan a route home. It would definitely be nicer in a toasty home. It would seem to me if they can tell how many chargers are available in the car, why not on their web planner?

Well, it is what it is and I think I have a good plan to get home. Thx for the responses

What I was hoping to avoid was sitting in the car for an hour+ in below freezing weather, with other mapping SW on my iPad trying to plan a route home. It would definitely be nicer in a toasty home. It would seem to me if they can tell how many chargers are available in the car, why not on their web planner?

The "Web planner" on the Tesla Web site is mostly a marketing tool to show that you can indeed do long-distance trips in a Tesla. It is lacking in several features compared to third-party trip planners or even the one built-in to the Navigation screen. That's not a direct answer to your question, I know.

When I'm doing long-distance trip planning, I'll usually use the third party software for the overall planning (EVTO is my what i currently use, but ABRP works well also). I'll only use the car's nav software to get me to the next charger. That's probably a holdover habit from the early days when the nav's trip planner was horribly buggy. I presume it's better now.

Have a safe trip home!

Bruce.

Sitting in my S now in Las Vegas viewing the SuperCharger map, I see that Lady Lake, FL and Ossining, NY are showing reduced service. That's a distance of 2,264 miles and 2,549 miles respectively.
OK, so apparently the "in service" "out of service" notices do show for large distances. Does it show how many of the stalls are in use? Maybe it's only that part that is limited to a smaller distance radius. Or maybe they have now changed that too.