Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Husky MOGO Floor Mats With Stainless Accents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK ... I've been holding out on floor mats for a while. I didn't like the look of the Tuxmats or 3D Mats. When I saw Tesla's Weathertechs, I knew I needed to continue to wait as the Tesla ones simply weren't to my liking. I'm a Weathertech Fan boy, and I was quite disappointed to be honest. Decided to check Husky's website last week and saw that they had "Mogo" mats out for the Model 3. At $234, they were on the more expensive side of things ... I and a couple other members decided to wait and see if there would be a sale on Cyber Monday for them. There wasn't, just your standard 10% off, so I was about to order, when I saw them available on Amazon for $80 shipped on the front and $80 shipped on the rear. $160 shipped for everything, sign me up. Ordered them on Monday, and they arrived today.

Links: The front seem to be a bit more expensive now, but still cheaper than ordering from Husky themselves.
Front: https://amzn.to/2KNXKsy
Rear: https://amzn.to/2TZulzU

Review: They may be the best mats I've ever owned. I've owned other Husky mat, multiple Weathertechs, Ford all season mats, along with Lexus all season Mats. These things are incredible.

Pro's:
1) They fit like a glove. Better than any Weathertech mat I've ever owned.
2) Reinforced Stainless pad where your heel is. They are riveted in (see rear photo)
3) Velcro pads on bottom to keep mat from shifting.
4) Fronts have nearly a 1.5" lip all the way around.
5) Rears have a 2" lip on the sides with a 1" lip around the rest.
6) Thick ~ Much thicker than standard weathertechs.
7) They feel like some sort of Rubber composite.
8) Mat design is nicer than any out I've seen.
9) The rears offer more coverage than the stock mats (See picture)

Con's:
1) The only con is the slight rubber smell upon opening the packaging.

I may pick up a set for my wife's van at this point, I like them that much.

Check the pictures. I included measurements on the lip, since I know lots of people find this important. Let me know if there are any questions.

0AM9Fpu.jpg

fNlVKNW.jpg

4sqZCYM.jpg

152KYGH.jpg

zWADSRx.jpg

4zwXFE1.jpg

sksgq3I.jpg

Q6Pew0x.jpg

MBXSFRs.jpg

iP0a7aQ.jpg

AxJkS6o.jpg

m8IVNTU.jpg

PPcX9O8.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
Review: They may be the best mats I've ever owned. I've owned other Husky mat, multiple Weathertechs, Ford all season mats, along with Lexus all season Mats. These things are incredible.

Thanks for the write-up. Was looking to order a set of Maxpiders, but haven’t seen a good price. Might have to go with Husky now.

really? They don't look bad but I'm not impressed with the drivers side coverage, look at the dead pedal area
In Alaska we use rubber mats in all our vehicles year round. In the winter the mats need to be able to hold considerable water from snow melting and hold up to carbide studded shoes/ice grippers. Also since we don’t salt, gravel takes a toll on mats. Summer it’s volcanic ash and glacial silt. Cars are almost never clean inside or out.

So for our conditions comparing these to the kagu: both have high sides to hold water but these seem to be made of rubber instead of the foam like meterial of the kagu. I’m expecting the kagu to not last very long.

And finally for me even if everything else was equal I would pay twice as much for the Husky since they are made in the USA and I could buy them locally (we have a great husky dealer) instead of online.

Last edited:
In Alaska we use rubber mats in all our vehicles year round. In the winter the mats need to be able to hold considerable water from snow melting and hold up to carbide studded shoes/ice grippers. Also since we don’t salt, gravel takes a toll on mats. Summer it’s volcanic ash and glacial silt. Cars are almost never clean inside or out.

So for our conditions comparing these to the kagu: both have high sides to hold water but these seem to be made of rubber instead of the foam like meterial of the kagu. I’m expecting the kagu to not last very long.

And finally for me even if everything else was equal I would pay twice as much for the Husky since they are made in the USA and I could buy them locally (we have a great husky dealer) instead of online.
The kagu material feels s sturdy as weathertech rubber to me but we will see. Husky matts are good, but I usually Luke to pick matts that have best fit and coverage. My last set of weathertech matts didn't cover the dead pedal and guess where the dirt and mud got into the carpet from? It's was good enough, sure but just finding I look for in got matts now. Grated this was in a truck and not a Tesla.

No snow here but I'm in need of a new driveway, and the asphault near our gate has decintegrated, meaning i have to step onto mud to open and close our gate every time it rains right now. I also use them year round.

Liners are the way to go, I once dropped an entire giant horchata like 32oz in my truck and the weathertech liners contained the entire spill! They paid for themselves in that single moment, so more in a big fan of raised sides.

Price is up to $99 and $89 but I like the look and rear coverage. May give them a shot.

Yeah ~ Probably due to popularity of me posting on here and FB. Supply vs Demand I'm sure.

Are they slick when stepping in with wet shoes?

Not that I can tell. Its a rubber composite ~ Hard to explain. No slickness to it what-so-ever with a slight texture. Not nearly the texture of the 3D Maxspiders though if that makes sense :)

Yeah ~ Probably due to popularity of me posting on here and FB. Supply vs Demand I'm sure.

Not that I can tell. Its a rubber composite ~ Hard to explain. No slickness to it what-so-ever with a slight texture. Not nearly the texture of the 3D Maxspiders though if that makes sense :)

Thanks for the reply! I'm picturing some super hard plastic like surface but it sounds like this is right up my alley. Might order tinight

Good luck on your mats. It's hard to find a single mat that everyone likes. I'm a traditional guy - went with cocomats.com:

Porsche911CarMat.jpg

The image color is black/white - may work well if that's your interior color. I went with Black/neutral - I have the black interior and the neutral is closer to the wood dash trim. I've had these mats in my BMW for 7 years - very little wear. They are rubber backed so spills don't penetrate through to the car's interior. No, they won't provide as much liquid protection as the Weathertech type of mats, but I haven't spilled much liquid in my interior in decades, and I prefer the look.

OP

Thank you very much, I’ve bwen looking too like yourself, and I’m sold, just ordered a full set! I like you am a weathertech guy, but didn’t like what they were offering on Tesla’s site. Held out for something better, something that I wanted, even though it’s December already.

I’m sold, thank you for the awesome write up and pictures! It’s posts like this that make this site very valuable for Tesla owners!

Now if I could just pull the trigger on those winter tires. Can’t find a smaller rim I feel confirdent will fit my P3D w red calipers, would rather get smaller rims w winter tires than 20” winter tires that aren’t the correct rating. This is the most frustrating decision for me. Next was floormats. Any suggestions? Worth a shot.

I was i the delema where we wanted a P3 but did not want 20”. I made multiple calls to Tesla and they all told me no <20” on the P. So we got the AWD LR.

However since then I’ve seen many reports of putting 18” aero wheels on the P with no problem. Dig around online and see what you think based on what is out there.

Guys - i have the 3D Kagu mats. They look fantastic...when they are clean. The texture means that when it gets muddy, it's harder to clean than I think a flat surface, I have to whip out the green scrubber to get it clean. I have yet to experience winter with it, this was early spring.