TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Rik, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Rik

Rik Member

Curious who has ordered a pair of Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners for their Roadster. I have seen the Lloyd's that others have bought, but looking for something more substantial during mid-atlantic winter months.

2. Fluke

Fluke Member

I've looked around for all-weather type floor mats and only found the Lloyd mats. I could not find the roadster listed on the Husky Weatherbeater site, do you have a link to these?

3. sethr

sethr CPO Roadster #1089

This may or may not appeal to you, but I went to my local NAPA store and got a heavy duty rubber mat (Kraco #2102), which is a little big, and then cut it down with a sharp pair of scissors. It was easy to do, and I think it looks fine. It covered from the front of the seat all the way forward, so that you won't rub the carpet off that little "step". I also punched a couple of holes and used two zip-ties to attach it to the driver's seat adjustment bar so it wouldn't wander forward and bunch up or anything. It's available in black and beige. To me, the advantage is you can see it in person before buying, and you can make it fit exactly the way you want.

4. Rik

Rik Member

5. Fluke

Fluke Member

Thanks for the link Rik. Interesting that I could not get to this product from the main Husly Liners site. I went ahead and ordered up a set - I'll report back on how they turn out, they are supposed to come in a couple of weeks.

6. Fluke

Fluke Member

I got a call from Floormatexpress.com to tell me that Husky does not actually make a Weatherbeater mat for the Roadster. Having looked around pretty extensively, I was not too surprised to hear this.

7. Rik

Rik Member

So is the outcome that Floormatexpress does not have custom weatherbeaters for the roadster? their site says they do, but sounds like you have a differing experience.

8. Fluke

Fluke Member

That is correct. They don't have them and acknowledged that their website is wrong. They indicated that the "hexomat" which looks similar to the Lloyds rubber mats with a hexagon pattern (Lloyds has a circle pattern) was available. These are just flat pattern cut mats though and do not extend up the side at all.

9. bart513

bart513 Member

I thought that I read in another thread about another winter mat that extends up to the seat, I just can't recall where I saw it? Maybe it was for the Lotus?

10. Rik

Rik Member

11. bpangburn

bpangburn Member

--bump--

Wondering if anyone has feedback on the Lloyd NorthRIDGE mats or if anyone has found a set of all-weather mats that extend all the way over the hump to the base of the seats. My mats & carpet are in great shape and I want to keep them that way!

12. Rik

Rik Member

I ended up with the lloyds circle pattern. works well for my needs.

13. asgard

asgard Member

I have the Husky Weatherbeaters. They are a bit long and tend to get under the accelerator and brake pedals and mess up your driving. You have to trim them down with carpet shears.

14. bpangburn

bpangburn Member

Were the Weatherbeaters long enough to cover the hump by the seat?

15. bart513

bart513 Member

I have Lloyds but they don't go over the hump. I save that for Wednesdays :p
    They are very effective and I don't find that I step much on the top part, otherwise called "the hump."

16. Rik

Rik Member

I ordered a pair of the lloyds circle pattern for a honda fit and cut out the trapezoid shape of the humps. they tend to stay put due to the shape.

17. asgard

asgard Member

The Huskys do not go over the hump. They stick out about an inch longer than where the hump just starts.