Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HV battery failed, was replaced, failed again 2 weeks later - thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a 2019 Model X long range, approx 58,000 miles. December 16, 2022 we were supercharging and got the alerts - "Acceleration/top speed reduced", "Performance Reduced", "Service Require", and "Vehicle system shutting down". It was ruled to be an HV issue and the HV battery was replaced and returned to us 1/3/23.

Today 1/20/23 while trying to leave for work we got all the same errors - "Acceleration/top speed reduced", "Performance Reduced", "Service Require", and "Vehicle system shutting down".

We are beyond frustrated and worried for the integrity and future of our vehicle.

1. Has anyone had this happen before?
2. Any thoughts on why this would happen again so soon?
3. Thoughts on how we should proceed given our serious concerns about the vehicle?

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
This issue is common and Happened to me on my 2019 model x. Rockville service center were terrible on giving me status updates. I finally complained to the contact info in the warranty and they replaced the battery with a used one after 72 days. I complained about my range dropping and they did nothing. Took them to arbitration and won. I would complain to the higher ups via certified letter. Make sure to keep track of everything.

What was the outcome of arbitration? Buy back or new battery? Our 2019 Raven died last week, waiting on HV battery replacement.
We were awarded a new car, but Tesla refused to give us one. I threatened to sue them and they finally gave in, but we went back and forth for 2 months. This whole experience has caused me to go back to an ice car. Who knows if the new model x battery will fail and what they will replace it with or how long it will take.

Reactions: ps004ynos
We were awarded a new car, but Tesla refused to give us one. I threatened to sue them and they finally gave in, but we went back and forth for 2 months. This whole experience has caused me to go back to an ice car. Who knows if the new model x battery will fail and what they will replace it with or how long it will take.
sorry for a follow-up question 10 months later. Had the battery fail with no warning and seriously considering ICE just for the reliability issue. what does it mean when you were awarded a new car. did you take the new car from tesla, sell it and then buy an ICE car?

what does it mean when you were awarded a new car. did you take the new car from tesla, sell it and then buy an ICE car?

The arbitration sided with the owner. The owner won and Tesla lost.

The arbitration result awarded the owner a brand new Tesla car.

Just like any lawsuit, you can be awarded lots of money but whether you can ever see the money or not dependent on the good heart of the losing side. If they refuse to pay up, what can you do? Sue them?

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve