Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HV Battery failure! 2014 S85 with 43,000 miles, single owner car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Salvage owners thread is where it commonly discussed but downgrade is mostly desirable to get things like root or factory mode, things that were removed. I was just suggesting that if someone sees "new" things they don't like with update they can revert to previous version...
U can DM LayZ, he's the smart one around here that can do magic with MCU1 :)

FYI, 100kWh packs are pretty solid, don't hear many failing... Rear LDU is a diff story 😅Fun
Funny enough, while the car has been amazing overall, I can hear a little grinding type noise when I hear it drive by vs my son's '23 MY that is whisper quiet. I've set at an appt w/ SC to have it looked at, and while they sent me a $120+/- inspection fee, whoever responded also said it'll be covered under the remaining factory battery/motor warranty.

Funny enough, while the car has been amazing overall, I can hear a little grinding type noise when I hear it drive by vs my son's '23 MY that is whisper quiet. I've set at an appt w/ SC to have it looked at, and while they sent me a $120+/- inspection fee, whoever responded also said it'll be covered under the remaining factory battery/motor warranty.
Probably the drive unit is going bad .. floor the "gas pedal" on an empty highway and see how loud the sound gets.

Probably the drive unit is going bad .. floor the "gas pedal" on an empty highway and see how loud the sound gets.
It's a low groan from a stop but road noise overpowers in on the highway. I did take it to the SC yesterday, spoke with a tech who's also a BMW guy and he said he'll say what's needed to get it replaced. Appt has been made, just waiting for it to get delivered now.

Reactions: ddb1001