Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HV Battery getting replaced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So today I found out that my 13 P85s battery pack will need replacement since I've been having erratic ranges lately and wouldn't charge past 97%. Has anyone had their battery packs replaced recently and which size are they getting replaced with?Do they still make 90kw pack or are they putting in 100kw pack and restricting range and performance?

What do you mean by erratic ranges? I can’t charge past 97% tonight (the highest I’ve gotten in a few weeks). A couple months ago my 100% dropped from 250 to 242-246 according to the Stats app that shows what 100% capacity is. Can’t seem to get past 240ish as of tonight.

What do you mean by erratic ranges? I can’t charge past 97% tonight (the highest I’ve gotten in a few weeks). A couple months ago my 100% dropped from 250 to 242-246 according to the Stats app that shows what 100% capacity is. Can’t seem to get past 240ish as of tonight.
At 90% charge i went from 224 mile to 214 to 200 in a matter of few months. When tried to rebalance wouldnt fully charge. I would take it in to SC if I were you.

I had my battery replaced with a referb 85kWh pack. Do not expect to get 265 miles of range when replaced. 252 is my 100% sorry far. Not complaining just alot of people get their hopes up.

When I first got my car it was 234/260 at roughly 35,000 miles.
A year later at 59,000 miles it was roughly 230/256.
A year after that at 75,000 miles it was roughly 229/254.
5k more miles is when I really started having problems, with my 90/100 running between a low of 218/242, and 226/251 with it fluctuating with a mode value of 220/244. But it would fluctuate between daily charges with no rhyme or reason. Further, if I look at consumption, I'm consuming ~46 kw to travel 120 miles a day starting at 90% running down to 13-15%.

So if I end up with a batter pack that gives me around 229/254, I'll be happy. In other words with your 252 max I wouldn't be terribly upset. I just want to be able to travel my round trip of 120 miles a day without worrying about not making it home.

My 85 pack in my P85D was first replaced with a refurbished 85 pack. They messed up and gave me a non-Ludicrous pack. They replaced it with a V3 90kw pack a month later. There doesn’t seem to be a normal though, it appears to be whatever they have on hand at the moment.

FWIW, they took my car Wednesday. It didn't arrive at the service center until Thursday.

They left me a P90DL. I cannot believe how much better put together this is than my '14 P85. The car is solid. It almost feels like it was put together by a real car manufacturer!

That being said I was driving into work this morning and a red P85 blew past me. I kept up with him for a bit. And then we had a couple of runs. My P85 doesn't move as quick as his. Especially post 60 mph. Unless his car is a debadged P85DL (having lost the underline and the D), there is a huge problem with my car. Hopefully the battery replacement fixes that.

Ha! There must be something in the air. Our 2015 P85’s pack died Wednesday morning, stranding my wife on the side of the highway. The car was flat bedded to the SC and they just told us yesterday that a replacement pack would be here Tuesday and the car will be ready for pickup on Thursday. I figure we’ll get a refurbished 85 pack.

Ha! There must be something in the air. Our 2015 P85’s pack died Wednesday morning, stranding my wife on the side of the highway. The car was flat bedded to the SC and they just told us yesterday that a replacement pack would be here Tuesday and the car will be ready for pickup on Thursday. I figure we’ll get a refurbished 85 pack.

I wonder if they "refurbish" these batteries in batches. I've been waiting for a new battery since March 8th.