Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HV Battery getting replaced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Either that or they’re wrong with our estimate and we’re going to be waiting a while. Or, maybe we’re getting your battery! :cool:

This is why I question if they do it in batches. You may have been lucky and had your battery go out at the end of the refurbishment cycle.

The service center has completed my "maintenance" requests, but the battery replacement hasn't happened yet. That being said I've watched the battery drop from 130 last Wednesday to 120 on Saturday and now it's at less than 50 miles of range.

Well it's coming back soon. Somehow they found a battery that matches pretty much exactly the 90% of the battery I sent it in with.

Meaning the battery ASY, HV BATT, S3,BB, REMAN,MDLS (108815-01-B) has a 90% of 220, just like what I sent in. Extrapolating out that will be the same 244 100% I sent it in at. That being said, I'll really know when I drive the car and I try to accelerate. And supercharge.

Last edited:
Got my car back this morning..... and now it's going back tomorrow. Somehow the rear suspension has failed. There is a remanufactured sticker on the battery. Unfortunately 100% is now 240. And it pulls to the left whenever I accelerate. Joy!
Hey cchc99 what ever happened with your battery. My HV battery just failed on my 2013 P85. They told me that I am getting a battery with product code 1088815-01-D. I don't know if its new or refurbed. The service advisor thinks it new and an actual 85, but I'm skeptical on both accounts. My range was at 223 miles at 90% on my old battery.

I just had my 85 replaced a few weeks ago. I got a refurbished 85.

ASY,HV BATTERY,S3,DM,REMAN,MDLS(1088935-01-B)

Hey cchc99 what ever happened with your battery. My HV battery just failed on my 2013 P85. They told me that I am getting a battery with product code 1088815-01-D. I don't know if its new or refurbed. The service advisor thinks it new and an actual 85, but I'm skeptical on both accounts. My range was at 223 miles at 90% on my old battery.

I’ve noticed there’s a lot talk about people getting replacement batteries and refurbished this and that’s!! But not one mention of how much this is all going to cost me when it happens. I have a 2013 Model S P85 at 147,500miles. I hope replacing it isn’t soon, but what would it cost to replace it? Refurbish it etc etc. :(((

Just to be clear, I have no knowledge, just speculation that Tesla won't want the S pack replacement price to make the news yet. As I talk to people this is first and foremost on the minds of people skeptical of EV. Asking if I have to replace it soon is often a first question when I tell folks mine has 90k.
When I tell them I still get 247miles of range and the pack is warrantied as it is they are pleasantly surprised.

What do you mean by erratic ranges? I can’t charge past 97% tonight (the highest I’ve gotten in a few weeks). A couple months ago my 100% dropped from 250 to 242-246 according to the Stats app that shows what 100% capacity is. Can’t seem to get past 240ish as of tonight.

Sounds like the software cap of 16.1. Odd that they're replacing your battery for a problem many others have and they simply claim the new software is just changing the way range is calculated(which is total BS of course).

My 85 pack in my P85D was first replaced with a refurbished 85 pack. They messed up and gave me a non-Ludicrous pack. They replaced it with a V3 90kw pack a month later. There doesn’t seem to be a normal though, it appears to be whatever they have on hand at the moment.

This is the only recent scenario that I've seen a Ludicrous 85 replaced with another 85. And then it always results eventually in a V3 90 1600 pack.

So today I found out that my 13 P85s battery pack will need replacement since I've been having erratic ranges lately and wouldn't charge past 97%. Has anyone had their battery packs replaced recently and which size are they getting replaced with?Do they still make 90kw pack or are they putting in 100kw pack and restricting range and performance?
I'm also having erratic charges. Has your thrown and errors? On what basis are they replacing?

Hey there. My 2015 Model S 85D battery got "Maximum battery charge level reduced" message and the car wouldn't charge.
The car in an SC right now and they have swapped the battery with a 90kwh one:

ASY,HV BATT,90KWH,REMAN,MDLS (1069776-01-A)

Is anyone aware what is the exact revision?