Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HV Battery service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently got an issue with my MS 70 HV battery and going to get it replaced under warranty. Decided to upgrade the pack to 90kwh but on my invoice they listed this battery part

BATTERY RANGE 1.00 UPGRADE, 70KWH TO
90KWH, MSX(1091845-
09-A)

From reading the forums, A revision is capped at 90kw charging speeds. I currently have a -C battery. After asking my SC about this they assured me I would be getting the most up to fare pack. Any thoughts?

I’ve also been waiting for the pack for over 3 weeks now, is this delay normal?

Not too sure either, my degradation was slightly higher, 210 miles at 100%. However I used to supercharge the car whenever I got the chance, since it was free and my current living situation only allows me to charge on 110v outlet. Frequent road trips in the past pushing the battery to below 5% SoC and nearly 200k on the battery pack probably caused it to give out. Tesla will only replace under warranty if it throws an error, degradation is normal.
Interesting.. I'm hoping this battery pack either gives out before Nov 23 or way after LOL. I don't do much driving so overall range is fine except for road trips where I'm hoping the stops to supercharge don't annoy the bejesus out of me.

It's funny to me that Tesla asks you to take pictures of errors and such as if their software doesn't give them the errors and they need evidence of it. Or maybe that's just so they have reasonable cause to tell you to bring it in initially.

Upvote 0
Anybody starting to see slower charging speeds? I’ve only been able to reach 120kw on my first charge… I’m in California with good temps. I’ve also noticed that when plugging in at low SoC, my pack can’t hold a good curve. If I arrive with 5%, I can only hold above 100kw until 30%, whereas if I arrive with 20% I can hold above 100kw until 50%

Upvote 0
Anybody starting to see slower charging speeds? I’ve only been able to reach 120kw on my first charge… I’m in California with good temps. I’ve also noticed that when plugging in at low SoC, my pack can’t hold a good curve. If I arrive with 5%, I can only hold above 100kw until 30%, whereas if I arrive with 20% I can hold above 100kw until 50%
ive noticed my battery is fairly inconsistent too. it never reaches 120kw unless im running ac/heater
holding triple digits seems to depend on soc when i showed up.
last weekend i went to a supercharger with 45% and it held triple digits till 50%
but other times if i show up lower sure 40% seems right.
overall after being plugged in for a while, when it tapers down, soc + kw = 140 without exceeding 114kw
114kw /7 x8 = 130kw which ive read is the max for our car, so maybe its just a limitation of the rest of the components and amperage

Upvote 0
Arrived at Kettleman City with 9%, now I’m at 54% only going 79kw… might try unplugging it then plugging it back in.
1l4tg4ai.jpg

seems about right to me
i did this recording within a month of getting the vehicle and no climate control turned on. it was after driving about 100 miles and outside temperature was 59 degrees

i have no idea how i got up to 56% one time and it was still over 100kwh, it was freezing outside, and i definitely had the heater on, but going from 78kwh to 100kwh, i dunno if the heater uses 22kwh, that seems like a bit much
battery degradation from november to may it once charged up to 304 miles, now it only charges to 294, service center told me to expect 305

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just had my fastest experience charging. Plugged in around 43% and the car charged 120kw for a few minutes, took a picture a bit later, and around 60% it was still charging at 100kw, when I unplugged around 70% it was still going 90kw
From picture soc of 112 + 52% is 163
Wish it would have these speeds all the time

Attachments

• 20230526_202904.jpg
    20230526_202904.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Upvote 0