Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HV Battery service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently got an issue with my MS 70 HV battery and going to get it replaced under warranty. Decided to upgrade the pack to 90kwh but on my invoice they listed this battery part

BATTERY RANGE 1.00 UPGRADE, 70KWH TO
90KWH, MSX(1091845-
09-A)

From reading the forums, A revision is capped at 90kw charging speeds. I currently have a -C battery. After asking my SC about this they assured me I would be getting the most up to fare pack. Any thoughts?

I’ve also been waiting for the pack for over 3 weeks now, is this delay normal?

here we go.
im bad at video editing so this will have to do
the new pack reached a peak speed of 115kw, dont know how one of the screen shots was 122kw at 45% but lucky for him.

Attachments

• yaees561.jpg
    yaees561.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0
here we go.
the new pack reached a peak speed of 115kw, dont know how one of the screen shots was 122kw at 45% but lucky for him.
Thanks for this video, I’m planning a trip from SoCal to Vegas soon, that should be fun only having to stop once for a few minutes. :) Happy Thanksgiving

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0
here we go.
Good stuff. Thanks for doing that. I'd love to pick up 55 kWh in 36 minutes! A while back I rolled into an SC with 0% SOC and it took 66 minutes to add 54.9kWh (brought car to 86% SOC)

1669335298009.png

Upvote 0
@Videomatic3 Was this at a v2 or v3 supercharger?
V3
Maybe I should try a 150kw charger. The pack doesn't go as fast as others have posted on here
Drove it from 100% to 5% down highway 5 starting at 75mph slowly increasing to 81 so I'd use the most charge before getting to the charger

Attachments

• 20221125_092318.jpg
    20221125_092318.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: RockinWithKids
Upvote 0
V3
Maybe I should try a 150kw charger. The pack doesn't go as fast as others have posted on here
Drove it from 100% to 5% down highway 5 starting at 75mph slowly increasing to 81 so I'd use the most charge before getting to the charger

You are not going to benefit from the V3 superchargers capabilities since the older cars' ( not the packs themselves) wiring and electronic components are the limiting factors.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and jhuang
Upvote 0
You are not going to benefit from the V3 superchargers capabilities since the older cars' ( not the packs themselves) wiring and electronic components are the limiting factors.
I will not benefit from it because I do not pay for supercharging. Other people who do pay for supercharging will benefit from it regardless of the car charging speed because there is less loss from a v3 charger from conversions.
I am more so referencing to others who have posted their c pack getting 120+kw speed where mine was unable to do so... or at least until earlier today it was warmer outside, about 76f and my car reached 122kw from 10-45% and stayed above 100kw until 53%.
Makes me question if the pre conditioning is working, because since getting it installed I haven't seen it once, also when charging my cooling fans never turned on once yet, and I've plugged into a supercharger 4 times today

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0
Is there some evidence or documentation to suggest that Tesla is metering/charging customers at the AC side of the cabinet vs. the actual DC power being delivered to the car? This is the first I’ve heard any such claim or speculation.
i just remember reading it a long time ago, ill never be able to find it again.
there was also a chart showing everything and a 250kw charger will go 1-3kw higher than a v2 charger because of this at all states of charge. negligible, but still better to just use a v3 charger if available.
since v3 came out, for the most part i havent seen any new v2 charging stations being installed too.

Upvote 0
I will not benefit from it because I do not pay for supercharging. Other people who do pay for supercharging will benefit from it regardless of the car charging speed because there is less loss from a v3 charger from conversions.
I am more so referencing to others who have posted their c pack getting 120+kw speed where mine was unable to do so... or at least until earlier today it was warmer outside, about 76f and my car reached 122kw from 10-45% and stayed above 100kw until 53%.
Makes me question if the pre conditioning is working, because since getting it installed I haven't seen it once, also when charging my cooling fans never turned on once yet, and I've plugged into a supercharger 4 times today
Each time mine was at/over 120KW it was at a V3 charger. V2 maxes out around 110KW, at least at the Eureka SC.

Reactions: Videomatic3
Upvote 0
I’m

because I’m opting to upgrade to a 90kwh battery from my original 70kwh battery. With the bigger battery means new hardware.
Interesting, my '15 MS70D is at a SC in the UK with HV battery water ingress issues. No news yet on replacement battery availability- but it's good to know there's precedent here. I've asked about the possibility of a larger battery.
I did assume that the 90kWh pack was 400V, but it seems there's a 350V 90kWh version "1014116" available for these replacements, is that right?

Upvote 0
Interesting, my '15 MS70D is at a SC in the UK with HV battery water ingress issues. No news yet on replacement battery availability- but it's good to know there's precedent here. I've asked about the possibility of a larger battery.
I did assume that the 90kWh pack was 400V, but it seems there's a 350V 90kWh version "1014116" available for these replacements, is that right?
"HV battery water ingress issues".

@SCanfer would you please elaborate on this more. Basically, what is that?

Upvote 0
"HV battery water ingress issues".

@SCanfer would you please elaborate on this more. Basically, what is that?
There's a whole thread on this issue:

Upvote 0
There's a whole thread on this issue:
Thanks, Mine was registered September 2015, 92xxx VIN so seems quite late for this issue.

Upvote 0
Curious to know what the battery failure was that caused SC to to declare it's a failure? My 70 has 138k miles on it and gets 172 miles at 80%, which means it should get about 215 miles at 100% and that means I have only about 8% degradation so in theory, my battery is doing pretty well but I'm still weary of it having issues after warranty expiration in Nov 23. It's my understanding that with the 2015 year, Tesla only covers failure and not battery degradation?

Upvote 0
Not too sure either, my degradation was slightly higher, 210 miles at 100%. However I used to supercharge the car whenever I got the chance, since it was free and my current living situation only allows me to charge on 110v outlet. Frequent road trips in the past pushing the battery to below 5% SoC and nearly 200k on the battery pack probably caused it to give out. Tesla will only replace under warranty if it throws an error, degradation is normal.

• Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston
Upvote 0