Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC Auto mode keeps fan on high?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

holmgang

Sep 9, 2019
eu
HVAC Auto seems to keep my fan speed at 9 seemingly forever.

My car is in a climate control garage at 23*C ambient, and turning on AC Auto has the fan blasting at 9 regardless if target temperature is 16C or 23C or anything in between.

This morning's commute it stayed like that for the entire 20 minute drive. It does not seem to modulate fan speed based on changes in temperatures (cabin vs target temp).

Anyone had the same issue? I just scheduled servicing for it. This will be the 2nd HVAC issue, the first one being wonky temperatures and failure of remote control, fixed by swapping the internal humidity sensor.

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
HVAC Auto seems to keep my fan speed at 9 seemingly forever.

My car is in a climate control garage at 23*C ambient, and turning on AC Auto has the fan blasting at 9 regardless if target temperature is 16C or 23C or anything in between.

This morning's commute it stayed like that for the entire 20 minute drive. It does not seem to modulate fan speed based on changes in temperatures (cabin vs target temp).

Anyone had the same issue? I just scheduled servicing for it. This will be the 2nd HVAC issue, the first one being wonky temperatures and failure of remote control, fixed by swapping the internal humidity sensor.
Mine does the same. I take it off auto when it’s just blowing non-stop. 2022 M3 LR. Current at 8800 miles.

The way back from work, with underground garage, 20C surface ambient and overcast sky, and car Auto set in 20-22C range….i saw the fan reduce to 6 temporarily, and then kept 9 for the rest of the way.

It also did switch to 3 level vent briefly, and then resumed blasting through the center vent.

Not normal. Gotta imagine the internal cabin sensor is broken again

Looks like its some hw failure, and will be replaced. Tesla sent back estimate invoice after diagnosing the logs remotely, and cost of work is 0. Hopefully its a same-day job

The next day, they send a new pre-invoice with a cost of diagnosis (~100 USD), and they call to confirm that its only chargeable if theres no fault found; apparently they were not able to confirm anything via remote logs.

OK fine. I check the AC behavior again and its still faulty. I had checked a few more times in the week and the issue was still there. I'm confident it's repeatable.

At the service center, Tesla tells me no errors found, everything works as normal. I'm skeptical and try it out in the car... sure enough Auto no longer goes crazy. They cut the diagnoses fee in half as a nice gesture. Ugh..

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles