Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you pull up the fan screen and just press the power button it turns off the a/c. I'm not sure if you are looking to accomplish something different? When you're ready for a/c again just touch the temp on the home screen and it will fade back in and become active. Cheers!

is it possible

Yes. There are buttons labeled "Auto" and "A/C". You can toggle them to light up blue or grey.

962oDDu.jpg

sorry, I'm thinking maybe this was a stupid question. When I toggle off the "a/c" button, the "auto" also goes gray. On our ICE's I can toggle off a/c and keep on auto....so it just automatically adjusts fan speed to outside air temp, to warm/cool inside. But an EV isn't generating the heat to do this in cooler weather....maybe that's why it's not optioned like this.....

don't sweat, bad question.....

...bad question.....

I see. That's a good question. You are asking about Automatic Fan, not Automatic A/C.

That's why there are still almost 600 people longing for V8, not current V9.

V8 has an automatic fan while V9 has discontinued that feature.

While current V9 does not have an automatic fan feature, you can still adjust your temperature setting. You'll just have to manual adjust fan speed and hope V9 will improve backward to V8 soon.

I realize M3 and S are different interfaces, but maybe similar situation. I still have V8 on my S.

V8 has individual AUTO controls for each climate component: Fan, AC compressor, Fresh/recirculate, and Output duct selection. (As well as a reset all to auto control.)
V9 has all auto or all manual.

So to answer your original question, the car is capable but no it is not possible with the current interface.
And @Tam - I still think V7 was a superior interface. But happy to still have V8 over V9.

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles and Tam
I see. That's a good question. You are asking about Automatic Fan, not Automatic A/C.

That's why there are still almost 600 people longing for V8, not current V9.

V8 has an automatic fan while V9 has discontinued that feature.

While current V9 does not have an automatic fan feature, you can still adjust your temperature setting. You'll just have to manual adjust fan speed and hope V9 will improve backward to V8 soon.

Huh? In auto mode, V9 in the M3 handles all aspects of the HVAC, based on the temp you set. That includes fan speed.

I do agree that it's difficult to get just fan with outside air. You have to set temp to LO to prevent heat, disable AC, disable recirc, and manually set a fan speed. That a lot of time looking away from the road. I would like to see a Fan-Only button to quickly disable heat & AC without turning off ventilation.

I used to leave off AC and have AUTO on all previous vehicles because I am usually cold and I like warm weather better.
So the best I can do with my Tesla is to have AC off and leave fan speed on 1 with temperature set at 72°F

We need more HVAC control!! You want the AC off ability in auto, and I want a way to turn off the heater completely yet keep the cooling AC in auto.
Both of these issues can be fixed by having a way to set 2 temperature setpoints. The low temp where the heater comes on and a high temp where the cooling AC comes on, like how the Nest thermostat works. If you set the high setpoint to "Hi" the AC would never turn on. If you set the low setpoint to "Lo" the heater would never turn on.

My personal setpoints would be 58-72. At any temp in this range no heat or AC would be used, only the vent/fan if I desired. Save power, save your battery, and save frustration of constantly having to fiddle with the temp settings if you care about range.

Really need to decouple A/C (heater+AC) to be 2 seperate functions.

any updates?

Are you able to achieve it now? I'm looking at the same problem
No. It's still the same.

I solve this by turning off auto, turning off AC, and then setting the desired temperature. The only disadvantage is that I have to choose a constant fan speed.

Here on the coast, it's often 60° outside but the car has been in the sun and thinks the temperature is 90° in the cabin, which it's not. My solution allows it to cool down without running the AC. It just blows in cool air from outside.

I also miss this functionality from my previous Audi Q5 2011. I could set Auto and turn-off AC. This saves energy, but still pumps Air inside the car. If I set a colder temp, the fan runs faster, if I set a higher temp, fan runs slower (warm weather here).