Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC became inoperable today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they kidding? Why didn't Tesla add a radiator to cool the battery pack ? :)
Sometimes I wonder if they did any of testing at all s before letting these loose on the beta testers :) Freaks me out :(
Funny story...was at my delivery appointment on Monday but had paint issues so I left without my new car as it headed to the body shop before I got to sit in it...that's another story....

Anywho...another customer and I hear a loud popping noise outside in the lot of the SC...he went outside to check and saw green liquid oozing from the front of a customer's titanium Model X that was parked in the lot awaiting...it was green liquid...maybe coolant of some sort he speculated? Should have taken a quick pic...

Maybe that person will comment on what happened to their car? High temp was about 93 and 67% humidity according to almanac...

• Informative
Reactions: srini
Funny story...was at my delivery appointment on Monday but had paint issues so I left without my new car as it headed to the body shop before I got to sit in it...that's another story....

Anywho...another customer and I hear a loud popping noise outside in the lot of the SC...he went outside to check and saw green liquid oozing from the front of a customer's titanium Model X that was parked in the lot awaiting...it was green liquid...maybe coolant of some sort he speculated? Should have taken a quick pic...

Maybe that person will comment on what happened to their car? High temp was about 93 and 67% humidity according to almanac...

Yikes! I'm not sure I'd use "funny". (At least for the guy it happened to). I'm picking up my X on Monday and praying all goes well. Back in mid-2013 when I got my P85 it didn't go too well. Back then believe it or not, they were transporting the Model S's from Fremont without wrapping/protecting the cars for transport. So my car had all kinds of paint chips. They had to end up repainting the hood and parts of my P85. The guy doing the walk through with me even told me that one car had a broken windshield from a bird that flew in.

They have come a long way since then.... But still.

I got my car back on Thursday following the replacement of the AC condenser. Car cools beautifully now. Much quieter, though occasionally loud at times. Repair took a long time (nearly three weeks) but the service center customer service was great and I was even given an X loaner for part of that interval to salvage a planned family trip.