Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC Error Message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Somex

Model 3 SR+ in a whiter shade of pale
Mar 25, 2021
UK
Noticed this morning that car was fogging up inside, I always have a/c on so I was surprised.
I went into the HVAC menu and played around with the settings ..... to no avail... but then I noticed a (not very big) black message box with very small text in the centre of the HVAC screen saying " Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault"... see picture.
Anyone come across this problem, and more importantly what's the solution for fixing said problem?
Tesla HVAC error message.jpg

There appears to be a significant run of this message at the moment, it's rather suspicious that suddenly lots are reporting this.

I had this a few days ago, letting the car sleep and wake up resolves it and it hasn't happened since.

What car software version are you on?

I held off reporting as it's all rather odd and Tesla are trying odd stuff to fix the heat pump issues in extreme cold.

Traditionally this was blamed on a faulty humidity sensor, but why have so many failed in a short time across numerous build dates of cars.

Just to add, your air recirculation is on. That won't help clear the foggy windows.

Turn it off and I think your problem will be fixed. It became sticky in a recent update until you manually turn it off.

There appears to be a significant run of this message at the moment, it's rather suspicious that suddenly lots are reporting this.

I had this a few days ago, letting the car sleep and wake up resolves it and it hasn't happened since.

What car software version are you on?

I held off reporting as it's all rather odd and Tesla are trying odd stuff to fix the heat pump issues in extreme cold.

Traditionally this was blamed on a faulty humidity sensor, but why have so many failed in a short time across numerous build dates of cars.
Thanks @Irata
I've also held off reporting it as I'd like a few opinions from the forum AND there are lots of heat pump related updates being claimed by forum members and I wondered if the update to 2021.44.30.7 that I installed yesterday had any bearing on the problem

Just to add, your air recirculation is on. That won't help clear the foggy windows.

Turn it off and I think your problem will be fixed. It became sticky in a recent update until you manually turn it off.
Thanks, recirculation is definitely off, one of the first things I checked, (even if on. it shouldn't produce the error message)

This how I resolved it. I manually tuned off air recirculation, I let the car sleep and then woke it.

Never had the problem since. I think there is a bug here.
Thanks again, before I got out of the car earlier,one of the things I did was that I turned recirculation on and then off again and the cars currently slumbering in its cot. I'll wake the little bast**rd up later and see if that shocks it into submission 😂

Noticed this morning that car was fogging up inside, I always have a/c on so I was surprised.
I went into the HVAC menu and played around with the settings ..... to no avail... but then I noticed a (not very big) black message box with very small text in the centre of the HVAC screen saying " Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault"... see picture.
Anyone come across this problem, and more importantly what's the solution for fixing said problem?
View attachment 755929
I had this a week into delivery. I got the Ranger out and he said it fixed itself after a deep sleep. Not had it since, but Tesla Services said I need a part replacing, so I've got it booked in for Mid Feb. I believe its something to do with the pressure sensor between heat pump or something.

Try, turning heat up to max, turn off circulation. Let the car have a deep sleep. If its not working the next day, get Services to come out or book it in asap. I ended calling Tesla and explained its freezing and I had kids etc, they were pretty good with dealing with it. I was on holiday too, so they got someone out and said they will fix on our journey home if we went past a service centre.

Thank
I had this a week into delivery. I got the Ranger out and he said it fixed itself after a deep sleep. Not had it since, but Tesla Services said I need a part replacing, so I've got it booked in for Mid Feb. I believe its something to do with the pressure sensor between heat pump or something.

Try, turning heat up to max, turn off circulation. Let the car have a deep sleep. If its not working the next day, get Services to come out or book it in asap. I ended calling Tesla and explained its freezing and I had kids etc, they were pretty good with dealing with it. I was on holiday too, so they got someone out and said they will fix on our journey home if we went past a service centre.
Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go

I'll wake the little bast**rd up later and see if that shocks it into submission 😂
Interesting strategy.

One thing I’ve learned is that Teslas do respond to percussive maintenance (or the threat of it) quite well.

I’m friends with mine at the moment since the 12v got replaced so I wouldn’t do this myself in case I give it PTSD but…

Maybe just show it a hammer and all will be well…

Interesting strategy.

One thing I’ve learned is that Teslas do respond to percussive maintenance (or the threat of it) quite well.

I’m friends with mine at the moment since the 12v got replaced so I wouldn’t do this myself in case I give it PTSD but…

Maybe just show it a hammer and all will be well…
I've lectured it a great deal about this issue, using copious amounts of expletives, so far its on its best behaviour, I've kept the threat of WBAC and their partners in crime up my sleeve for now.
My main regret is that its parents and their relations all appear to be blind, deaf and dumb 😂 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Casss
For me very similar, the temperature was around or just below 0 but also high humidity as it was foggy and misty.

It doesn't need to be as cold as the Canadians are getting it for the front intake shutters to freeze, which I believe is one of the issues. I had washed the car the day before, it wouldn't have dried within the intakes.

I've not (yet) had the issue again, however I've not seen the same weather conditions since and I've had a software update.

I now also have an issue with water inside the headlights.

I had this again today.

The same trick fixed it, let the car deep sleep, wake it, enter car and turn on climate control.

I've added it to my next service appointment, which is now a very long list.

I've also seen reports of this being heat pump sensor related, although I've had them replaced previously.

On a positive, I almost have a new car as so much has been replaced under warranty. I guess this is one way to do it.

• Funny
Reactions: MrBadger
I had this again today.

The same trick fixed it, let the car deep sleep, wake it, enter car and turn on climate control.

I've added it to my next service appointment, which is now a very long list.

I've also seen reports of this being heat pump sensor related, although I've had them replaced previously.

On a positive, I almost have a new car as so much has been replaced under warranty. I guess this is one way to do it.
sorry to hear that. Was it about 0 Deg again? I've got mine booked for mid Feb now, I think I'm just going to go ahead with it. I've not had any problems since it happened, but obviously there is a fault with the sensors or something. I don't want it happening again.

When is the car due in?

sorry to hear that. Was it about 0 Deg again? I've got mine booked for mid Feb now, I think I'm just going to go ahead with it. I've not had any problems since it happened, but obviously there is a fault with the sensors or something. I don't want it happening again.

When is the car due in?

Thanks. Mine is booked in for mid Feb too.

It was warmer this time, it happened yesterday in the afternoon and the temperature was about 8 degrees.

But it also happened again this morning, so I've had this three times now. This morning was annoying as I didn't have time to let the car sleep and hence trick it into working again, I had to leave with weak heating.

I'm wondering if there is a loose connection, I may have imagined this but this morning the heating came back fine after I went over a very bumper bit of road.

I'm confident that a deep sleep always resolves the issue until whatever triggers it again.

It doesn't make any sense, why does Tesla have so many sensor failures. Temperature and humidity sensors are everywhere and they rarely fail. I still think there is more going on here.