Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC "Feature" Request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gavine

Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
A little background: We were heading on a road trip last weekend. It was 90-degrees F and humid. Of course, we had the AC on. In trying to be efficient, I set the temp to 74-degrees F with RECIRC set to "Auto". It was comfortable for the first several minutes of the trip. What I noticed is that whenever the RECIRC does a fresh-air cycle, and the compressor happens to be in a low-mode, the air entering the cabin is warm and humid which triggers my wife to immediately turn-down the temperature. This happened a few times during the trip until it ended-up at 68-degrees.

The "feature" request I have is one in which the software would crank-up the compressor whenever a fresh-air cycle starts. This will ensure that the fresh air will be "conditioned". This would make for a more comfortable user experience and lessen the chances that users will continually lower the temperature, thus, theoretically making the cars more efficient overall.

Reactions: eprosenx