Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC from remote app not at full power?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, can anybody confirm that if you turn the AC on from the phone app that it doesn't go at the normal full power? My car's interior was 106 and I turned the AC on to 75 (and cracked the roof) as I have some heat sensitive stuff in there. It's cooling down in there, but really slowly it seems like. It went from 106 to 95 after maybe 20 minutes. I feel like if I'd been in the car it would have gone down the the target temperature after just a few minutes...

Hey, can anybody confirm that if you turn the AC on from the phone app that it doesn't go at the normal full power? My car's interior was 106 and I turned the AC on to 75 (and cracked the roof) as I have some heat sensitive stuff in there. It's cooling down in there, but really slowly it seems like. It went from 106 to 95 after maybe 20 minutes. I feel like if I'd been in the car it would have gone down the the target temperature after just a few minutes...

You had the roof cracked the entire time? I think it would cool faster after venting for a minute or two then closing it and continuing to cool.

Last edited:
It used to definitely go at full-bore... a recent update changed that so the car reportedly switches from max back to your "last setting" when you open the door...

It's hard to verify (like checking to see if your fridge light goes out), but when I walk up to the car when hot it SEEMS like the exterior A/C condenser fans are running at max, and then slow down when I get in...

Well, it IS in range mode, but it's in range mode all the time (AC is too loud if not in range mode imo), so my expectations are already set to a lower cooling speed.

Roof was cracked the entire time, but it was significantly cooler outside than even my target temp.

Hrm. Weird. I'll have to experiment some more and see if I can quantify it better than "I feel like it's cooling slower".

Normally, I don't have my AC on, the last time I turned on climate control because where I was got hot and the internal car was hot, so I turned on climate control, but it did not turn on the AC. I swear it used to turn on the AC.