Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC is one of my favorite features on this car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Say what you want about the air conditioner loud turbine engine sounds or any other ancillary dissatisfaction but the ability to turn on the heat or AC from the app is amazing. If you are in the hot weather and have not been using "keep climate control active" while you park, or using the app to keep the interior temp from roasting in the hot sun, you're missing out.

Today I was at a lacrosse tournament and temps at or around 90 in full sunlight. I received a phone alert after an hour from my dashcam that the dashcam may shut down due to overheating. Started the Tesla app and interior temp was at 105. No worries! Turned on AC remotely and temp was at 70 a few minutes later. Left it on for the final 30 minutes of game and when we got back to car it felt like an icebox. (Yes I have interior climate protection enabled and maybe it was about to click on... Or maybe not).

Anyway this is a feature that is fantastic. Particularly leaving AC on when you park for 30 min or an hour or whatever on really hot days. If you have the range to spare.... Why not?

Started the Tesla app and interior temp was at 105. No worries! Turned on AC remotely and temp was at 70 a few minutes later. Left it on for the final 30 minutes of game and when we got back to car it felt like an icebox. (Yes I have interior climate protection enabled and maybe it was about to click on... Or maybe not).

Cabin overheat was active. 105F is the target temperature for it to hold. Cars without that routinely see 150F or more in direct sun on hot days.

Say what you want about the air conditioner loud turbine engine sounds or any other ancillary dissatisfaction but the ability to turn on the heat or AC from the app is amazing. If you are in the hot weather and have not been using "keep climate control active" while you park, or using the app to keep the interior temp from roasting in the hot sun, you're missing out.

Today I was at a lacrosse tournament and temps at or around 90 in full sunlight. I received a phone alert after an hour from my dashcam that the dashcam may shut down due to overheating. Started the Tesla app and interior temp was at 105. No worries! Turned on AC remotely and temp was at 70 a few minutes later. Left it on for the final 30 minutes of game and when we got back to car it felt like an icebox. (Yes I have interior climate protection enabled and maybe it was about to click on... Or maybe not).

Anyway this is a feature that is fantastic. Particularly leaving AC on when you park for 30 min or an hour or whatever on really hot days. If you have the range to spare.... Why not?
Yes. I used while grocery shopping yesterday. No need to go straight home from the store