Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The temp sensor not working properly, the soft reset did not resolve the issue. Currently, 64 degrees outside but the car indicating the interior 62 and exterior -28F Had to schedule an appointment to resolve the issue. The heater comes on immediately. Does anyone have the same issue?

Where you park the Tesla at home have you ever seen any rodents, rodent droppings? It could be that a rodent has chewed a wire.

Where you park the Tesla at home have you ever seen any rodents, rodent droppings? It could be that a rodent has chewed a wire.
And the winning answer was rodents. I had not seen many droppings but after a further review found a few. So I will try and get rid of the culprit and the cost to repair was $197. Thanks for responding

Attachments

• 24040.jpg
    24040.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 76
  • 24041.jpg
    24041.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Informative
Reactions: Mike_TV and jcanoe
And the winning answer was rodents. I had not seen many droppings but after a further review found a few. So I will try and get rid of the culprit and the cost to repair was $197. Thanks for responding
OMG!

Hopefully there’s not a particular “flavor” of wires they like in Tesla’s . Some older Toyota Tundras have that issue when parking in the “countryside “, a particular wire wrap attracted rodents.