Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC Pressure Sensor Recall - Says I am required to take it in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

240vPlug

Feb 3, 2021
Maryland
I just had mobile service come and rotate my tires. Immediately after the service a warning appears on the screen that I need to schedule service now. I called the tech back and he says that it is the pressure sensor recall and that I am required to have the service performed. The service center is about an hour away from me and this is extremely inconvenient.

The AC & Heat work fine so I am hesitant due to that and the time commitment.

Has anyone else had this experience?

I plan to take it in, however the message is in the middle of the display area where the traffic and lanes appear. It is also in the top right of the display. This is rather disappointing that there appears to be no way to temporarily clear this. This is a proactive fix from all that I am hearing so I am not sure why it isn't able to be cleared at least temporarily until service can be scheduled and carried out.

Good idea. I scheduled and will see in the next couple of hours if it is cleared. When I tap on the message though it says that it can only be cleared by the service center after the service is performed. Will report back.

I found this which shows 1.5 hrs for the repair.
39EFD5D4-631E-4DA2-84F3-D9C45AE7BB51.jpeg

I got the same message and scheduled service. The message did not go away. Does anyone know how long the service takes. It would be nice if they communicated that.
I took mine in Wednesday and got it back today. But my work order also had the resealing the front upper control arm SIB as well as diagnosing a frunk flapping graphic issue. Turned out to be a short in the wiring harness (which they replaced) but they also swapped out the grounding bolts of the front body control module.

Message didn’t go away. Service is scheduled for next weekend. I found that if I swipe the error at least collapses into a bubble so it takes up less space on the display. I agree this could have been communicated better. It appeared immediately after my mobile service was completed.

Got this done at service shop alongside installation of a Trailer Hitch.

Same high / low sensor parts mentioned here and control arm seals check.
- Additionally finally fixed a panel gap on the trunk.
- Additionally cleaned cabin air filters

Took 2 days for everything.

I took mine in Wednesday and got it back today. But my work order also had the resealing the front upper control arm SIB as well as diagnosing a frunk flapping graphic issue. Turned out to be a short in the wiring harness (which they replaced) but they also swapped out the grounding bolts of the front body control module.
Did you ask for the other work or did they just do the other jobs?

Did you ask for the other work or did they just do the other jobs?
They did the other SIBs while I was there except for the frunk flapping thing. This particular SC was so nice. Even gave me a Model S loaner while the work was being done. Tell you what though, having driven the S for 2 days, I can honestly say I prefer the Y. Perhaps the new refreshed S are nice. It's amazing what you get used to in a year. I actually found the regular dashboard in back of the steering wheel annoying. ;)