Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC Vents when no passenger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The passenger side vent is shut off when a passenger is not in the car.
We have noticed this in both our M3's, and it seems the cars don't cool well/fast when it's hotter than the mid/upper 80's.
We do bring up the HVAC control and turn the passenger vent on which solves the problem.
Anyone found a way to override this behavior?
I would think they could tie this preference to your profile.

Attachments

• IMG_6178.JPG
    IMG_6178.JPG
    461.5 KB · Views: 108
This feature was added to the 2021 Model 3s with the heat pump. Both of my vents are on all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: tstolze
All the time? Automatically, or you have to activate the passenger side on the screen?
I asked the service advisor, and, indeed he claimed a link between the heat pump and the lack of automatic full frontal. Can anyone explain that, though?
If there is a passenger in the car the passenger vent is on, if there is no passenger the passenger vent is turned off and you have to manually turn it on by touching the vent on the touchscreen.

If there is a passenger in the car the passenger vent is on, if there is no passenger the passenger vent is turned off and you have to manually turn it on by touching the vent on the touchscreen.
I am aware of that. My question was in reference to Gasaraki who clams both of his vents are "on all the time". Had he found a way to set that automatically, regardless of passenger occupancy? My second question was: what's the link between heat pump and lack of passenger venting? Is this the only way they can claim the 315 mile range on 2021 M3P?

Last edited:
All the time? Automatically, or you have to activate the passenger side on the screen?
I asked the service advisor, and, indeed he claimed a link between the heat pump and the lack of automatic full frontal. Can anyone explain that, though?
On all the time. No need to press anything. I don't have a heat pump in mine. Every pre-2021 has the vents on all the time. (Except for the back ones)

Reactions: tstolze