Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW 3.0 Deliveries in Canada

Do you have HW 3.0 on your new M3

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to preface I know that there is already a thread on this topic in the M3 forum, but hoping to get some Canada-centric information here as it seems HW 3.0 availability is different across different global regions.

Has anyone been getting HW 3.0 on June/July deliveries to Canada (Ontario). I've already cancelled my June order because the delivery rep couldn't confirm whether my 4xxx series VIN had HW 3.0 - just said "yeah all the cars come with new hardware".

For me, HW 2.5 is the biggest barrier to me re-ordering a M3 at the moment. I am not planning on ordering FSD as I will likely have a newer car by the time it becomes functional in Canada, however I have been reading that even the basic AP works much better with HW 3.0. I am also worried about the resale value of buying a new car loaded with dated technology (like buying an iPhone XS with an iPhone 6 processor).

Hoping to see some consistency for orders in Canada actually getting HW 3.0 before I'll re-order. Also would ordering a LR AWD improve chances of getting HW 3.0?

Tesla is the source and actually everyone seems to point to 3.0

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "Tesla is the source" - that's slightly vague. Do you work for Tesla and have non-publicly available information? Are you referring to Elon's tweet about how cars after April 12, 2019 are supposed to have HW 3.0?

I'm asking because my initial experience was not positive, the information from Delivery Advisors is not always correct, and the publicly available information seems to indicate that it's a coin toss whether you actually get the new HW or the old HW.

Capture11.JPG

Attachments

• Capture11.JPG
    Capture11.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 69
Almost all new cars come with hw3 with a tiny fraction not getting it. And from what I have read it currently works worse not better (or at least did until quite recently).

That would be quite different than I was told by the Lawrence Ave service manager the day before I picked up a couple of weeks ago. He said that virtually all the M3s they were getting were HW2.5 Pascal.

When I picked up the next day I was also told likely no hardware upgrades for FSD purchasers until next year.

I have not been checking recently. But right after they started hw3 all people who checked were getting hw3. Which initially lacked auto lane change on navigate on autopilot. Then more recently some people reported getting hw 2.5. it might be more widespread than I thought. Again from forum posts and Reddit it still seems that hw 2.5 is as good or better than hw3 at this point and probably why no upgrades are happening yet. It was initially said that the upgrades for people with fsd and hw 2.5 would happen once hw3 enabled functionality or performance that hw2.5 lacked.

I recently took delivery (June 18th) of my SR+ with FSD. It is a HW2.5.

In terms of standard AP performance, I don't think there are too much diff between 2.5 and 3.0. But that is likely to change soon as Tesla will be mainly focused on improve the 3.0 neuronet and i dont expect too much improvements coming down the pipe for 2.5 hardware.

I have created a similar thread asking about this:
New Model 3, Hw2.5 Vs Hw3.0

The delivery person said apparently many model 3s shipped to recently have HW 2.5, however, myself and anyone who purchased FSD will be guaranteed to get a free upgrade to 3.0 once the software can utilize it.