Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW 3.0 Upgrade Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know what the circled/ mentioned connectors do on AP3? As to provide some sort of insight on what the biggest hardware incapabilities are?
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 10.59.50 PM.png

While my MS 100D has been upgraded to HW 3 my 2017 MS 75D, MCU 1, AP2.0 has not. At this point give me my FSD payment back or give me a great deal on a new MS.

I know how you feel. My 2018 MS 100D AP2.5 MCU1 has gotten nothing (not even a s/w update to 2019.40.50.x). My wife's 2019 M3 LR AWD has everything.

My 2018 began AP-Driving like a drunken sailer with the last update. It disconcertingly weaves between the lines on the highway, while my wife's car drives like a supercomputer mastermind. So my car is devolving while my wife's car is evolving. My MS cost me over twice what my wife's car cost. I think MCU1 is holding the AP3 upgrade back as much as AP2.0. My car is in the shop getting the MCU replaced. Too bad they are replacing my old MCU1 with a new MCU1 :-( This seems like a wasted opportunity.

While my MS 100D has been upgraded to HW 3 my 2017 MS 75D, MCU 1, AP2.0 has not. At this point give me my FSD payment back or give me a great deal on a new MS.
Let’s hope they just don’t give us HW2 guys the shaft. I bought the car with a large intention of having FSD on it and keeping it for a good while. I don't think anybody wants to swallow depreciation and buy a new one

Lol... Come on guys - have some patience. They'll get AP2 cars upgraded. Buybacks and sweet deals aren't going to happen. Obviously there are some more engineering challenges that they're facing, but I'm sure it's nothing a harness can't fix. Musk said in his "thorny" tweet that it will happen in the next few months. That was back in December. I'm guessing they're working on getting the easier upgrades out of the way (AP2.5) and then they'll roll out the AP2 group. I'll bet a year from now we will all be talking about AP4 and whining because we didn't get upgraded to that.

Lol... Come on guys - have some patience. They'll get AP2 cars upgraded. Buybacks and sweet deals aren't going to happen. Obviously there are some more engineering challenges that they're facing, but I'm sure it's nothing a harness can't fix. Musk said in his "thorny" tweet that it will happen in the next few months. That was back in December. I'm guessing they're working on getting the easier upgrades out of the way (AP2.5) and then they'll roll out the AP2 group. I'll bet a year from now we will all be talking about AP4 and whining because we didn't get upgraded to that.
Good point with AP4 since we have paid so much for AP3 just to sit and wait, and get it right before it becomes dated by AP4 (which is in development). Hardware speaking... but in software terms I don’t see many more features being implemented that are very impressive in the near future. NoA is buggy and makes me feel like I’m going to smash through every exit I take... that just may be my AP2 though. I’d like to see that become very reliable and safe before they promise red light detection+action

• Helpful
Reactions: Jjdsyd
I know how you feel. My 2018 MS 100D AP2.5 MCU1 has gotten nothing (not even a s/w update to 2019.40.50.x). My wife's 2019 M3 LR AWD has everything.

My 2018 began AP-Driving like a drunken sailer with the last update. It disconcertingly weaves between the lines on the highway, while my wife's car drives like a supercomputer mastermind. So my car is devolving while my wife's car is evolving. My MS cost me over twice what my wife's car cost. I think MCU1 is holding the AP3 upgrade back as much as AP2.0. My car is in the shop getting the MCU replaced. Too bad they are replacing my old MCU1 with a new MCU1 :-( This seems like a wasted opportunity.
As a drunken sailor I take offense at your inference that I drive as bad as AP can...

2018 75D built in May 2018
VIN: 267xxx
HW before upgrade: 2.5
MCU: 2.0
Upgrade process: one of the headlights LED malfunctioned, requested replacement/service under warranty. Asked for possible upgrade to HW 3.0 given FSD already purchased before. Headlight replaced and HW 3.0 installed on the same visit.

Scheduled appointment completed. 3 hours in and out. Excellent service experience. IC indicated it was calibrating for the first 10 miles and then everything worked as expected.

One thing I noticed yesterday while driving west on I-80 around 2:30pm was significant phantom braking when approaching over-crossings. It was partly cloudy with the sun directly in front of me and the over-crossings were casting a shadow across the road. It happened 3 times and slowed 10-20mph each time. In one instance I had to take control and accelerate to avoid a rear end collision. I did not notice this behavior before the HW3 upgrade and was on the current software prior to getting the new hardware. I had phantom braking quite a while ago on HW2.5 but it diminished over time and with incremental software upgrades, but it was never as significant as it was yesterday. I don’t know if it is an extended calibration thing, software related, or something specific to HW3, but I thought I would mention it to see if others were having similar experiences after upgrading.

• Informative
Reactions: Gt1948 and YYZ-IAD
One thing I noticed yesterday while driving west on I-80 around 2:30pm was significant phantom braking when approaching over-crossings. It was partly cloudy with the sun directly in front of me and the over-crossings were casting a shadow across the road. It happened 3 times and slowed 10-20mph each time. In one instance I had to take control and accelerate to avoid a rear end collision. I did not notice this behavior before the HW3 upgrade and was on the current software prior to getting the new hardware. I had phantom braking quite a while ago on HW2.5 but it diminished over time and with incremental software upgrades, but it was never as significant as it was yesterday. I don’t know if it is an extended calibration thing, software related, or something specific to HW3, but I thought I would mention it to see if others were having similar experiences after upgrading.

I don’t have HW3 yet, but in rare circumstances I get aggressive phantom breaking on the freeway.

In my cases, the cars GPS seems to be malfunctioning, and it keeps placing me on roads NEXT to the freeway (with lower speed limits) or roads ABOVE me - i.e. overpasses. Might not be your case at all, but I’d check the maps to see if your car thinks you’re on I-80 or the overpass you just drove under.