Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW2.5 capabilities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All jokes aside, this video is dedicated to @lunitiks, @calisnow, @BigD0g , and @TaoJones, I got .48 today, and it's better than the last.
For the roads I drive, I’m not seeing .48 as significantly better than .42. There are still two spots that trip it up constantly.

I haven’t been far yet, more out and about today.

Maybe I’ll download the tiles and look.

• Informative
Reactions: daktari and croman
Ha jeans! Love it.... calisnow made it sound like I’m a baller or something. I am more a shot caller, 20 inch blades on the impala.... call her get laid tonight....

Seriously though, I work for a living like most people. Nothing exciting about modeling underwear during the day and stripping in the evenings.... but it pays the bills

For some reason I was reminded of a realtor's sign we saw in Eureka Springs Arkansas a few years back.

upload_2017-12-9_10-57-5.png

All jokes aside, this video is dedicated to @lunitiks, @calisnow, @BigD0g , and @TaoJones, I got .48 today, and it's better than the last.

Watch my video (you may need to go directly to the YouTube page if you don't see it embedded.....

The main point is that the entirety of the video is all autopilot.... even the warning beep at the beginning... the car slows and doesn't require me to take over and just continues the rest of the trip.

Put up the volume, increase the HD resolution.... put your feet up, and let an AP 2.0 grin give you some hope.

Buttershrimp Purple Drank Challenge (AP 2.0, Ver. 17.44)

Is this 17.44 or 17.48? If .48 maybe you could change the title of the video.

Reactions: LargeHamCollider
Again LMAO he does it again!

Elon Musk updates timeline for a self-driving car, but how does Tesla play into it?

Its so funny its sad.

Lets rehash shall we?

December 2017
: "two years for full self driving"
March 2017: "I think that is about two years"
June 2016: ""I really consider autonomous driving a solved problem," he said. "I think we are probably less than two years away."

January 2016: "In ~2 years, summon should work anywhere connected by land & not blocked by borders, eg you're in LA and the car is in NY"
December 2015: "We're going to end up with complete autonomy, and I think we will have complete autonomy in approximately two years."

Lmao dude been saying 2 years for 4 straight years.
9 months ago its was 2 years, now its still 2 years.
I bet next year when he's asked again it will also be 2 years again. Talk about dedicated snake oil salesman.

Its like the guys who keeps telling you everyday that he got you tomorrow but tomorrow never actually gets here till you finally give up and stop asking.

Two years is beyond the event horizon in the Muskian reality distortion field. Its not that he's bad at these predictions, they are physically impossible in his world.
Poor guy. Only funny that so few have trained their neural networks to recognize the problem ...

Everything is relative to context. North Korean ICBMs are not relevant to Tesla Motors Club Autonomous Vehicles sub-forum, Tesla's CEO's tweets on autonomy are. By the standard you mention (potential for annihilation), we should discuss nothing here, but shut TMC down...

List of fallacies - Wikipedia

You've turned back into "that guy" - didn't take long for your social-misfit tendencies to pop back up again after the lecture you got behind the scenes - folks have been noting that in private discussions - you just can't help yourself.

Watch my video (you may need to go directly to the YouTube page if you don't see it embedded.....

The main point is that the entirety of the video is all autopilot.... even the warning beep at the beginning... the car slows and doesn't require me to take over and just continues the rest of the trip.

Put up the volume, increase the HD resolution.... put your feet up, and let an AP 2.0 grin give you some hope.

Lol - there’s no noticeable improvement from .46 to .48.

Still takes too long to accelerate from an intersection relative to adjacent traffic, still doesn’t negotiate medians post-intersection safely (less diving and more drifting now though), and there’s no evident change in lanekeeping safety in, for example, carpool lanes with reduced shoulders).

In fact, AP1 still does all of those things as well or better than AP2*.48.

Now if you were in a blinding rainstorm with poorly marked lanes, AP2 would win in a land, er, mudslide. Hands down, no question. Game, set and match - which shows the *potential* of AP2 (AP3 at this rate once Tesla releases their own board). But it was that way this Spring, before .42, let alone .48.

Glad you had a nice drive though. *.50 shall be your reward!

Now if you were in a blinding rainstorm with poorly marked lanes, AP2 would win in a land, er, mudslide. Hands down, no question. Game, set and match - which shows the *potential* of AP2 (AP3 at this rate once Tesla releases their own board). But it was that way this Spring, before .42, let alone .48.
I suspect next AP will be 4 or above.

This is because for ap2.5 file /var/etc/dashw is "3", assuming they'd add any new network nodes in the next hw revision, they'd need to bump this number up as well for some scripts to work correctly.

• Informative
Reactions: StefanSarzio
Lol - there’s no noticeable improvement from .46 to .48.

Still takes too long to accelerate from an intersection relative to adjacent traffic, still doesn’t negotiate medians post-intersection safely (less diving and more drifting now though), and there’s no evident change in lanekeeping safety in, for example, carpool lanes with reduced shoulders).

In fact, AP1 still does all of those things as well or better than AP2*.48.

Glad you had a nice drive though. *.50 shall be your reward!
You make a good point about the rain, and since I can't speak to AP1 anymore. Check this out in the video.... Chilliban just found out that the semi truck's lights are picked up on the IC! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
truck.jpg

You make a good point about the rain, and since I can't speak to AP1 anymore. Check this out in the video.... Chilliban just found out that the semi truck's lights are picked up on the IC! :eek::eek::eek::eek:View attachment 265697

That puts a whole new spin upon the phrase, "ghost in the machine".

And to think I was just happy that AP2 now manages to display a car in front of mine when it recognizes a motorcycle.

Cue the eerie music in 3...2...1...

I don't think so.... I think this is a truck is in the lane it shouldn't be sort of thing.... I'll post a comparison snippet in a sec... don't sell your AP2 car yet @TaoJones :)

Have you seen some of the schweet AP1 offerings lately? Herd o' Unicorns, dare I say. Perrrrfect bridge cars for the next 2-3 years while all of the AP2/AP2.5/AP3/AP4 drama shakes itself out now in the context of Elon's latest FSD estimate (2020 with a new board before that).

And then there was that Sig 85 that lasted mere minutes - for $36K...

It's a good time to be a prospective Tesla owner.

I don't think so.... I think this is a truck is in the lane it shouldn't be sort of thing.... I'll post a comparison snippet in a sec... don't sell your AP2 car yet @TaoJones :)

OK, Two video clips back to back: Both look dangerous filmed on a wide-angle lense because much more visual information is seen. Watch the instrument cluster (speedometer) in both scenarios as it appears to distinguish a truck pulling ACROSS traffic and a truck pulling briefly INTO the wrong lane of traffic. In the second clip, the semi-truck headlights appear briefly on the instrument cluster in the low visibilty scenario, particularly when the truck is in the wrong lane (watch the speedometer/instrument cluster). What is your theory? Does Tesla have something big planned on an upcoming release? AP2.0 ver 17.44 firmware.

OK, Two video clips back to back: Both look dangerous filmed on a wide-angle lense because much more visual information is seen. Watch the instrument cluster (speedometer) in both scenarios as it appears to distinguish a truck pulling ACROSS traffic and a truck pulling briefly INTO the wrong lane of traffic. In the second clip, the semi-truck headlights appear briefly on the instrument cluster in the low visibilty scenario, particularly when the truck is in the wrong lane (watch the speedometer/instrument cluster). What is your theory? Does Tesla have something big planned on an upcoming release? AP2.0 ver 17.44 firmware.

I'm not seeing the IC react to the first clip at all. Am I missing it?

Were you wearing sunglasses in this video? Is this just the reflection from the truck headlights seen by the camera?

I assume you did not see anything like this yourself (wrong angle for the reflection).

Naturally there are no assets like this in the firmware too ;)

Check out 0:08 mark of the original video... those ain't sunglass reflections! Dare I say, I think I made a good video! Maybe it's the purple drank... maybe it's the sunglasses... maybe it was memphis. The alert after 0:08 didn't require me to take over, and that was really the only thing I distinctly remember being impressed by while driving...

@verygreen, where the hell are the other two of the tech triumvirate? (@lunitiks and @JimmyD )? throw in calisnow and it's pretty much a party.