TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

HW2.5

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by ZTrekus, Aug 9, 2017.

1. ZTrekus

ZTrekus Member

2. lennier

lennier Member

They've said from the start that they would upgrade HW2 cars if need be to enable FSD, and HW2 was designed to be easily upgradeable for that reason.

3. brewster

brewster Member

Do you have a link for that, as I reckon the detractors are going to jump all over this.

4. Homer

Homer Member

No offence, but in Tesla world I don't think somebody who bought a HW2 car in 2016 would be considered an "early adopter". The actual early adopters made a considerable leap of faith years before that and we should all be grateful to them. :)

5. rsan

rsan Member

From article at Electrek
    Tesla has a new Autopilot ‘2.5’ hardware suite with more computing power for autonomous driving

“However, we still expect to achieve full self-driving capability with safety more than twice as good as the average human driver without making any hardware changes to HW 2.0. If this does not turn out to be the case, which we think is highly unlikely, we will upgrade customers to the 2.5 computer at no cost.”

6. electracity

electracity Active Member

Still no explanation for the possible interior camera in the model 3.

7. ZTrekus

ZTrekus Member

Also gives the impression that v2.0 may work, but simply not as well as 2.5, and so... Go whistle....

But I bet the car they use to go from carport in LA to carport in NY will have 2.5 and not 2.0

8. WA-T3sla

WA-T3sla Member

I feel that regardless of which version may or may not work, neither will be road legal to operate fully autonomously without adding some redundancy of systems along with vehicle to vehicle and vehicle to infrastructure communications.