Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW2 software tomorrow?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just read that too and took it as another minor fox vs 8.1, which would really suck because most people would think its the long awaited 8.1 only to be disappointed by a big fix that probably didn't affect them.

I would think when 8.1 comes out, it would be announced clearly by Musk...or is that my his style/way it normally happens? (Haven't been following him long enough to know)

On Dec. 22 Elon said 8.1 was coming this week. It's weird that he only pointed out that 8.1 was coming in late Jan when prompted... everyone was under the assumption this WAS the 8.1 update and it included AP for HW2.

Wonder why they announced it like this.

I don't think that's the case. Everyone is on the same software version, the update that's coming in the next few days is an incremental 8.0.x update for HW2 to bring our cars to feature parity.

I don't think that's the case. Everyone is on the same software version, the update that's coming in the next few days is an incremental 8.0.x update for HW2 to bring our cars to feature parity.

That isn't what Elon has said. Yesterday in response to the question "Hey @elonmusk, how does it look for 8.1 this weekend?" he responded "@andrewket Almost there. Undergoing final validation. Might go out in next few days."

On Dec. 22 Elon said 8.1 was coming this week. It's weird that he only pointed out that 8.1 was coming in late Jan when prompted... everyone was under the assumption this WAS the 8.1 update and it included AP for HW2.

Wonder why they announced it like this.
AP revenue isn't recognized until its functioning, so in this case AP2 firmware needs to go out before the ball drops, roughly $100m is on the line (20k cars x $5000).

Reactions: MP3Mike
images.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: MitchMitch