Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3.0 upgrade for basic AP owners now free?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 LR 3 - 140k miles. EAP at original purchase. Now can subscribe to FSD and play the safety game for 99/month (no way)

Attachments

• CFFBCA44-5195-4522-AF1A-2CD0D178B7D7.jpeg
    CFFBCA44-5195-4522-AF1A-2CD0D178B7D7.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 177
  • Funny
Reactions: Vol16 and KenC
No luck for me. Looking at the estimate, I notice that they are charging $1000 for “Additional items for FSD computer upgrade” and $0 for “Full self-driving computer upgrade.” I wonder if the people getting it for free don’t have the “additional items” entry, that is, their service center isn’t invoicing the upgrade correctly.

AA59A467-52DC-4B00-B41C-A8D233C24081.jpeg

@afty : the estimate you have clearly shows $1000 for the AP3.0 hardware. The part number is different from the part number installed in my car. BTW: I can't find that part number at Tesla, but i'm no expert in parts
Also, your query was "can I get a quote"... folks should simply state, "I would like the AP3 hardware to get FSD"

Folks around the country have received the upgrade for zero cost - we all have to figure out what the common factor is.

@afty : the estimate you have clearly shows $1000 for the AP3.0 hardware. The part number is different from the part number installed in my car. BTW: I can't find that part number at Tesla, but i'm no expert in parts
Also, your query was "can I get a quote"... folks should simply state, "I would like the AP3 hardware to get FSD"

I wish the upgrade button would just fill in the request. I do think it's dependent on the manual entry from the tech and the user.