Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3.0 upgrade for basic AP owners now free?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To anyone who’s had this done: have you lost the option for “Apply Brakes When Regenerative Braking Is Limited.”? My button is MIA.. should be located at: Controls > Pedals & Steering > Apply Brakes When Regenerative Braking Is Limited.

To anyone who’s had this done: have you lost the option for “Apply Brakes When Regenerative Braking Is Limited.”? My button is MIA.. should be located at: Controls > Pedals & Steering > Apply Brakes When Regenerative Braking Is Limited.
What is the update you are on? That feature was introduced around 2022.16 (although plenty of people reported not seeing it yet even with that update). For example some people got it with 2022.20.7.

Check your release notes section, see if it is mentioned.

Could be your car is now on an older update. Also if you have FSD Beta now, you would be behind in updates with the regular branch.

Ok at least I’m not the only one. I got it at 2022.20 I think, and it’s been gone since the hw3 upgrade. I got 2022.36 last night which may have solved the weird low percentage regen issue but still hasn’t returned the brake blending feature..
Other update: regen issue is not resolved on 2022.36 @MrFusion4 do you show dashed regen lines at temps and battery charge levels where you didn’t before? I’m at ~70°F the last few days and charging at 40a overnight and have low regen down to 65% SOC even with highway driving, aggressive driving etc. I’m going to try getting the pack good and warm with a Supercharge session and see what it does.

Other update: regen issue is not resolved on 2022.36 @MrFusion4 do you show dashed regen lines at temps and battery charge levels where you didn’t before? I’m at ~70°F the last few days and charging at 40a overnight and have low regen down to 65% SOC even with highway driving, aggressive driving etc. I’m going to try getting the pack good and warm with a Supercharge session and see what it does.
my regen seems normal still, haven't noticed anything different or any warning notifications. Actually everything is still normal just like how it was before the hw3.0 other than the brake option for regen.

Reactions: emptyspaces
UPDATE: my friend received an updated service estimate late Friday and it is now showing him the $1,000 charge. Keep in mind he had already pre-approved another estimate that was $0 (similar to me). He is still planning to go in for the upgrade regardless on Monday.

As far as autopilot differences in HW2.5 v 3 the stop sign, and stop line visualizations are welcome and it seems much more accurate at visualizing cones. Driving my work commute the past 2 days it definitely feels more confident in lane keeping through high speed turns on I-75 (there are many on my commute). Certainly less ping-ponging within the lane and better following behavior in bumper to bumper traffic. Almost like it can “see“ better and react accordingly. The follow behavior is the biggest improvement I have noticed. Will update after a full week of driving.
Oh wow when the sun is in front the car ping pongs. I think I’ll pursue this even if it means having no car for a few day.