Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3.0 upgrade for basic AP owners now free?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of a 2018 model 3 with EAP from tesla, and had to make an appointment for a new bumper right at delivery. Found this tread after and added the HW3.0 upgrade to my ticket. Will let you know what the invoice looks like, but to everyone saying there is nothing to gain from the upgrade without FSD, thats wrong. Coming from a model Y I'd tell you the many diferences, but everyone else knows them so no need.

Reactions: MrFusion4
Took delivery of a 2018 model 3 with EAP from tesla, and had to make an appointment for a new bumper right at delivery. Found this tread after and added the HW3.0 upgrade to my ticket. Will let you know what the invoice looks like, but to everyone saying there is nothing to gain from the upgrade without FSD, thats wrong. Coming from a model Y I'd tell you the many diferences, but everyone else knows them so no need.
agreed, hw3 to me was very much needed

Submitted tickets in AZ SC for the HW3.0 upgrade on my 18 M3LR AWD with EAP. Couldn't get the $0 invoice.

However, recently moved back to CA and was able to get $0. Picking up the car tomorrow. Paid invoice for actuator replacement, but $0 for the HW 3.0. We'll see if it has HW3.0 tomorrow.

Reactions: Rottenapplr
Submitted tickets in AZ SC for the HW3.0 upgrade on my 18 M3LR AWD with EAP. Couldn't get the $0 invoice.

However, recently moved back to CA and was able to get $0. Picking up the car tomorrow. Paid invoice for actuator replacement, but $0 for the HW 3.0. We'll see if it has HW3.0 tomorrow.

maybe I'll do it next time i'm in So Cal. So far most success stories are from there.

Reactions: MrFusion4
Does reviewing sentry footage get done on the FSD computer? I wouldve thought it was done on the infotainment computer which is separate from FSD
No clue but it’s faster. Before 2.5 is unusable. It either took minutes to load or didn’t load and it’s been like that for years. I usually use my laptop to vie footage. I’ve had the car for 3 years. It’s useable now and actually loads quickly.

No clue but it’s faster. Before 2.5 is unusable. It either took minutes to load or didn’t load and it’s been like that for years. I usually use my laptop to vie footage. I’ve had the car for 3 years. It’s useable now and actually loads quickly.

bummer. I get a black screen ( haven't waited minutes though!)

I was told here that's not MCU hmmm.