Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 2019.16.2 Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like everyone else with HW 2.5 and below are getting the 2019.16.2 update and here us HW3 people are still with no update or unconfirmed lane change. Is this the price we pay for getting HW3 early lol :( it really sucks! I've been connected to wifi every night and still nothing. I check that software tab religiously haha anyone else? where my HW3 owners at?????

How can you tell which version of hardware you have?
It seems like everyone else with HW 2.5 and below are getting the 2019.16.2 update and here us HW3 people are still with no update or unconfirmed lane change. Is this the price we pay for getting HW3 early lol :( it really sucks! I've been connected to wifi every night and still nothing. I check that software tab religiously haha anyone else? where my HW3 owners at?????

How can you tell which version of hardware you have? (HW 2.5 vs HW 3)?

How can you tell which version of hardware you have? (HW 2.5 vs HW 3)?

Model 3's built after around April 12, 2019 should all have HW3. (build month is on the sticker inside the drivers door). Here are some of the ways you can tell:

If your dash cam videos are encoded in HEVC, the consensus seems to be that you're on HW3.

Many of the first HW3 cars were delivered with the software version 2019.7.105 (or 107).

HW3 cars don't yet have the option for "no confirmation nav on AP". You still have to use the stalk to confirm, even on version 2019.12.1.2.

Model 3's built after around April 12, 2019 should all have HW3. (build month is on the sticker inside the drivers door). Here are some of the ways you can tell:

If your dash cam videos are encoded in HEVC, the consensus seems to be that you're on HW3.

Many of the first HW3 cars were delivered with the software version 2019.7.105 (or 107).

HW3 cars don't yet have the option for "no confirmation nav on AP". You still have to use the stalk to confirm, even on version 2019.12.1.2.
Thanks for that. It seems I have v2.5 then. Is the primary difference one single module (ie: something that can be upgraded) or is it something more complex (such as all the cameras and lots of other bits and pieces)?

im sure you guys know this, but not everyone with HW 2.5 has the update either (I dont for example). I even earned the referral program award for priority updates, and yet I still seem to be close to the end of the deployment times.

I know this thread is only about HW3 people but making the assumption that "everyone but you" has it, is not even close to accurate.

Thanks for that. It seems I have v2.5 then. Is the primary difference one single module (ie: something that can be upgraded) or is it something more complex (such as all the cameras and lots of other bits and pieces)?

Nope only difference is the computer. If you paid for (or in the future pay for) full self driving you'll get the computer replaced. They've stated that there won't be any features specific to FSD deployed via software until those who paid for the upgrade have been retrofitted. That should begin happening this summer.

• Funny
Reactions: goldengate
I asked Tesla via chat and advised me HW3 will not get NOA without lane change confirmation in this update (2019.16.2). It is planned to be available in the next version. But it is not 100% sure.

Elon tweeted that version branches will merge soon, but I guess not in the current updates. I am also waiting for 2019.16.2. (HW3)

Maybe we, HW3 owners will be able to smile when we see so many HW2.5s await for a chip upgrade around at the end of this year. (Also, not 100% sure it will happen at this time)

• Informative
Reactions: AustinM3LR
im sure you guys know this, but not everyone with HW 2.5 has the update either (I dont for example). I even earned the referral program award for priority updates, and yet I still seem to be close to the end of the deployment times.

I know this thread is only about HW3 people but making the assumption that "everyone but you" has it, is not even close to accurate.
I think most people know this. It’s slightly different matter with the HW3 car as NONE.... Of them have received the update whereas everyone is receiving it currently. That’s the point they are getting at. Not that everyone hasn’t received it. Well all know that the update is s wise push for everyone with 2.5 and below. Updated go out in batches heck my hw2.5 didn’t update until yesterday night and it’s been pushed out for 3 days prior to that. We all want it but this thread is more so meant for the HW3 people because again, no HW3 car has received it far as we can tell

I believe there is one user on this forum who has HW3 Model 3 and has gotten the 2019.16.x update. He was the one who brought the HEVC codec change to light. He originally thought it was related to the 2019.16 update but other HW3 users were able to confirm that HEVC is used on earlier HW3 firmware as well.
Oh yeah HEVC is present in 2019.12.1.2 for HW3 I think it showed up in that build first

Just got off online chat with tesla and the lady told me I should get the update within the next week....maybe a generic answer maybe not. somebody else go contact then and see what they say (HW3 people)

Figure I would put why I am disagreeing with your post, rather than just marking it. Encouraging people to call Tesla to ask about firmware updates will not make it come any faster for anyone, and in fact may be tying up phone lines for someone who has a "real" issue.

I get the impatience, I want the latest firmware too... but calling them is not going to help anyone and just increases wait times for people who have real issues with their teslas.

Figure I would put why I am disagreeing with your post, rather than just marking it. Encouraging people to call Tesla to ask about firmware updates will not make it come any faster for anyone, and in fact may be tying up phone lines for someone who has a "real" issue.

I get the impatience, I want the latest firmware too... but calling them is not going to help anyone and just increases wait times for people who have real issues with their teslas.

And I think if it's not clear to everyone already, the average person here knows way more than the average customer service rep. You can call/chat with 10 of them, and get 10 different answers.

I didn't say call actually I said contact and I even referenced I used online chat, which is always available and if anybody has a real problem or emergency they would not contact chat they would probably call so I said that because its non urgent. (not trying to sound like a tail hole :) )