Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 Retrofit in the PDX Area yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I’d post an update: I received the FSD HW3 Retrofit yesterday when I was at the Macadam SC for a different issue.

Heads-up items:
- They never notified me that the Retrofit Kit was available, it just showed up as an extra line item on my invoice when I had the car scheduled for other service (so I’m not sure about the kits being ‘linked’ to a VIN :rolleyes:)
- Although it was originally rumored that the retrofits would only take a few minutes, the SC told me it would take 4~5hrs so I left the car there overnight
- After the retrofit, a lot of personalized settings were gone :(
- No Homelink
- No Driver Profile settings
- No Home, Work, Favorites locations
- No Car Name :p
- No Driving Control settings (eg. Autopilot)
- All Trip Meters reset (eg. “Lifetime” Wh/mi)
- Phone icon “Ahoh-Hoy” reset to “Call” :p
- Web Favorites reset

- YES @ traffic light icons ;)

I hope to try some Smart Summon & NoAP here soon after the 2020.4.1 update completes in a few minutes!

Just thought I’d post an update: I received the FSD HW3 Retrofit yesterday when I was at the Macadam SC for a different issue.

Heads-up items:
- They never notified me that the Retrofit Kit was available, it just showed up as an extra line item on my invoice when I had the car scheduled for other service (so I’m not sure about the kits being ‘linked’ to a VIN :rolleyes:)
- Although it was originally rumored that the retrofits would only take a few minutes, the SC told me it would take 4~5hrs so I left the car there overnight
- After the retrofit, a lot of personalized settings were gone :(
- No Homelink
- No Driver Profile settings
- No Home, Work, Favorites locations
- No Car Name :p
- No Driving Control settings (eg. Autopilot)
- All Trip Meters reset (eg. “Lifetime” Wh/mi)
- Phone icon “Ahoh-Hoy” reset to “Call” :p
- Web Favorites reset

- YES @ traffic light icons ;)

I hope to try some Smart Summon & NoAP here soon after the 2020.4.1 update completes in a few minutes!

how are they fixing the missing home link for you?

Got mine in Bellevue done 2 weeks ago, after hearing that they got in a slew of HW3 boxes and were tapping people who were in for other service items, I opened a new service item in my app to address the breathers on the battery pack (the loud THUNK during supercharging or when the pack heats fast or goes up and down mountain passes). Upon setting up the appt in the app, I was contacted within an hour via text to say they have a TSB for the issue I wanted looked at and that I was also going to be getting HW3 upgrade during my appt.

YMMV