Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 software pushing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I imagine the only ones who could get HW3 are employees who volunteered for the program.

Historically, Early/Priority Access Program has disqualified those who use non-Tesla monitoring services like TeslaFi.com.

So, I don't see how those volunteered employees would be allowed to enroll in TeslaFi.com

Last edited:
My big concern is how many more updates will autopilot get with the current hardware. My trip out to West Texas near Big Bend last week showed lots of limitations with Autopilot that needs some major updates.

Everything from riding on the median for right turns on 2 lane highways, losing track of the road going up and down steep hills which immediately required instant takeover, not working very well to control the speed with the thumbwheel (I would like to use that over brakes for turn speeds), really off base on the posted speed limits that also had maximum speed limition on the road below the actual speed limits, and when 2 lane highways add a passing lane, autopilot tracks to the middle then jerks into the lane when it spots the new lines.

Really, autopilot sticking to the middle of the lanes especially around on ramps is the biggest annoyance. It needs to pick a side and stick with it for whatever side is straight. I just wonder at what point will AP 2.5 stop getting updates like AP1 did.

...what point will AP 2.5 stop getting updates like AP1 did.

I wouldn't say AP1 update has been stopped. It's more focus on current hardware first such as classic non-AP car, then AP1, then AP2x, then AP3... but Tesla still updates obsolete hardware from time to time.

AP is still in its infancy so it will still take years before Tesla would announce that AP1 would be now officially graduated as production quality and no longer "beta".