Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 Upgrade (Mis)Scheduled for my HW2.0 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Around a month ago I scheduled a service appointment about some unrelated issues and I asked about the HW3 upgrade. They told me the same answer that it is VIN related and mine isn't ready yet but they told me to contact them again in 3-4 weeks to see if it arrived. Yesterday I had to schedule another service center appointment due to a reoccurring issue and of course I mentioned the HW3 and MCU2 upgrades. To my surprise on the cost evaluation it shows "Hardware 3 Upgrade." However in the more detailed service estimate report it once again says "Vehicle does not qualify for upgrade at this time. Please, reach back in 4-5 weeks again for confirmation." Along with "Correction: Remote -- Education" I'm not sure what that last part means but I'm guessing the upgrade is not going to be happening soon. I know this isn't anything major but I just wanted to share my experience and thoughts! I am surprised, however, that the MCU upgrade isn't available as my car is HW2+FSD and that says it is scheduled for late March. However the world being shut down obviously doesn't help haha!
IMG_5795.PNG
IMG_5796.PNG