Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 upgrade waiting room: All FSD Tesla’s

Has anyone had their HW3 upgrade scheduled/completed yet???

• Yes

Votes: 96 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 498 83.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not the question.

For those of us who prepaid for FSD, I'm trying to gauge progress toward upgrading our hardware, as Elon promised, for FSD (which is now installed in Teslas being delivered currently with HW3).

How do you know that HW3 will work for FSD if it doesn't exist?

FSD was supposed to work on AP1, then AP2, then AP2.5

How do you know that HW3 will work for FSD if it doesn't exist?

FSD was supposed to work on AP1, then AP2, then AP2.5

Taking ownership of all those leased Model 3s in 3 years seems to be a good indicator Tesla believes they can make it work. If they don't, and the Tesla Network never takes off, that's a lot of used cars on their books.

Belief alone isn't enough to make FSD work, but I think anyone who claims that Tesla is intentionally leading people along is being disingenuous themselves.

• Disagree
Reactions: hill
On April 13 Elon said FSD computer upgrades would begin in a few months so it sounds like July or possibly later before the upgrades start.

B839E15D-B4D6-4F81-93BA-1AAFC114A70E.png

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic
My wife is trying to convince me to pull the trigger on FSD now that it is back down to $6000, but I don't have HW3.

But Elon saying FSD doesn't yet need HW3, so won't upgrade it yet - concerns me. If Tesla want's existing owners to put down cash now for FSD, they need to be able to schedule their upgrade at the same time.

The mere fact that the upgrade is required for the FSD goodies, and that Tesla thinks there is no reason to rush the upgrade out to us - strongly implies that we aren't getting the FSD goodies soon.

I find it hard to believe $6000 will get me anything of value when the manufacturer has supplying the hardware so far down their list.

IF they came out said, HW3 upgrades starting July 1st in anticipation of first FSD features that needs it early August - that would be a different story.

When they use non specific phrases like in a few months, or later this year, I'm very skeptical.

Reactions: OPRCE