Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 upgrade waiting room: All FSD Tesla’s

Has anyone had their HW3 upgrade scheduled/completed yet???

• Yes

Votes: 96 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 498 83.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had now 3.0!!!!

You can has cheezburgr!

sub-jp-burger-2-popup.jpg

HW3 is pretty buggy. Lane change fails very often and phantom braking is happening more often. You guys aren’t missing much. I hope they iron out the bugs quickly
We've seen glitches like that with HW2.5 as well, though firmware version 2019.32.12.2 seems significantly better than the previous version.

Still, I don't think it's worth pushing for the HW3 upgrade until there's a substantial step up in functionality. The longer we wait, the greater the likelihood of further hardware improvements (HW3.1? HW4.0?).

SC in Springfield NJ upgraded my late 2018 MX to HW3.0 from HW 2.5. The firmware is 2019.32.12.2 (before and after the upgrade). I am noticing 2 things -
1. Auto-wipers are not as good as they were prior to the upgrade.
2. Car beeps every time I am close to curb, or a car in adjacent lane is close to the lane marking. This was never an issue in my one plus year of ownership. This is really annoying.

I hope they fix the issue with beeping.

p.s. I scheduled service to get the 22'' wheels checked and on the day of the appointment they said they can install HW3. I think they are installing HW3 for the cars that come in for service at SC.

SC in Springfield NJ upgraded my late 2018 MX to HW3.0 from HW 2.5. The firmware is 2019.32.12.2 (before and after the upgrade). I am noticing 2 things -
2. Car beeps every time I am close to curb, or a car in adjacent lane is close to the lane marking. This was never an issue in my one plus year of ownership. This is really annoying.

p.s. I scheduled service to get the 22'' wheels checked and on the day of the appointment they said they can install HW3. I think they are installing HW3 for the cars that come in for service at SC.

Someone else had that issue. SC was able to correct it.

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno

Assuming you have MCU2?

I have a mobile service appt for end of Nov for my USB ports not working (again). I'm going to ask prior to the appointment if they can update me to HW3 (my Oct 2018 build has the older hardware) without having to go to the Springfield NJ service center at a future date.

Service advisor in Springfield mentioned the mobile techs are not retrofitting HW3.0 yet.

You have a better chance of getting HW3.0 if you go to SC for the usb issue.

When you get HW3.0, be sure to check the parking sensors. My sensors are not properly calibrated and the car beeps every time it is close to curb or other cars. Made an appointment to get it calibrated.

I have a mobile service appt for end of Nov for my USB ports not working (again). I'm going to ask prior to the appointment if they can update me to HW3 (my Oct 2018 build has the older hardware) without having to go to the Springfield NJ service center at a future date.

Last edited:
Service advisor in Springfield mentioned the mobile techs are not retrofitting HW3.0 yet.

You have a better chance of getting HW3.0 if you go to SC for the usb issue.

When you get HW3.0, be sure to check the parking sensors. My sensors are not properly calibrated and the car beeps every time it is close to curb or other cars. Made an appointment to get it calibrated.

Which model?