Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 upgrade waiting room: All FSD Tesla’s

Has anyone had their HW3 upgrade scheduled/completed yet???

• Yes

Votes: 96 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 498 83.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
green on Twitter
QZCeKll.jpg

Great advice. We have 55xxx vin. Trying now fingers crossed!!!

If you have a Model 3 with a sub-150k VIN and you've paid for FSD, chances are there is an internal service bulletin on your car for the upgrade. That said, calling and asking for it, or booking a service appt and asking for it won't work. You'll get auto-rejected by a rep who won't even check your VIN. To have them check for the service bulletin, you need to book an in-shop service appointment (mobile appointments won't work) for something unrelated. Ex: battery range concerns + motor efficiency issues, tire rotation, etc. While booking it, in the text box, also ask that they take care of any outstanding service bulletin's on your VIN. No need to mention HW3. The tech confirming your booking will check your VIN, confirm it's got the internal bulletin (which I'm pretty sure any vehicle in the mid 100k's at least right now should have), and will go ahead and confirm you for the upgrade. They're trying to knock these out while they work on other issues with cars coming in anyway as a way to minimize service visits. They are calling some people (super early VINs, & Model S+X's), but if you don't want to wait for the call, this is the trick to getting it.

I noticed FSD disappeared from my "purchased" section in the app and wasn't showing online. I submitted a service request through the app with the date of purchase.

Now I have an appointment scheduled the they have delayed to "order parts proactively". No idea what that means. Guessing they plan to do the HW3.0 upgrade?

For what it's worth, the FSD is now showing in the app under purchased again. This time I got a screenshot. That's really all I wanted.

Hi. I just got this text from my local Tesla shop. To my surprise, it happened just the way they said it would. They’d notify me when they had hardware for me according to my vin - ~54000. I can’t wait. They install next week.

This is the Service Team at Tesla St. Louis-Chesterfield. We are reaching out to let you know that the Full Self Driving Computer Retrofit is available for your vehicle. The installation has to be done at the Service Center and will take a couple hours. You can self-schedule an appointment for this through the Tesla App under the "Schedule Service" tab. Thank you

• Informative
Reactions: Enginerd
Just got the HW3 done on our Model 3 yesterday (MX done a month ago) - seems smoother and the full FSD preview is cool but you can still see the limits of the S/W for full FSD.

One odd experience I saw was driving north on 101 in CA during rush hour in the lane beside off ramps it twice it changed the speed limit to 35 from the correct 65 and that sort of jacked the AP. I will look to see if that is a one off etc. Also Bluetooth completely reset (media and phone) on M3 but not MX - phone key fine. I will check WiFi Friday as I am not near my house until then.