Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 upgrade waiting room: All FSD Tesla’s

Has anyone had their HW3 upgrade scheduled/completed yet???

• Yes

Votes: 96 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 498 83.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So did you get HW 3 installed at that visit? I don’t believe that will happen. I was at my local service center yesterday and asked for the HW3 upgrade. We both had a good laugh.
YES, I have the new FSD hardware installed last week, see below.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Concern: Customer requests FSD retrofit. Invoice/Proof of purchase is in attachments.
Performed FSD retrofit as per customer's request.
Correction: Enable Enhanced Autopilot
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
ASSY,AUTOPILOT.ECU,3.0-MSX-FUSED(1655000-70-F) 1.0
Pay Type: Customer Pre-Pay

AT the Fremont (California) service center = YES, I have the new FSD hardware installed last week, see below.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Concern: Customer requests FSD retrofit. Invoice/Proof of purchase is in attachments.
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity

AT the Fremont (California) service center = YES, I have the new FSD hardware installed last week, see below.
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity

interesting thanks for sharing. do you work for tesla or just a random owner.

Last edited:
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity

If your MCU was the older slower kind, did they upgrade it to v2 also or just the AP computer behind the dash? Someone mentioned to me that MCU1x will need to be upgraded with the new FSD computer together.

If your MCU was the older slower kind, did they upgrade it to v2 also or just the AP computer behind the dash? Someone mentioned to me that MCU1x will need to be upgraded with the new FSD computer together.

From what I heard from service is that HW2.5 it is just the computer. They haven't figured out entirely what needs to be changed for HW2.0. Probably the cameras and radar too.

Well, I am a May 2017 Model S with AP2 ... I just requested the FSD upgrade and got a July 5th Mobile Service Appointment. Now, it just happened so I'm sure I'll get an e-mail telling me that it can't be done yet - but here's hoping.

I also saw some comments about why the rush to get the upgrade. In my case, my wife just got a Raven Model X .... her autopilot seems smoother and her sentry mode actually records (and she has working dashcam!). And just to rub the salt in the wound, she's got MCU2 and the new games ... I sure hope Elon was right about being able to upgrade from MCU1 to MCU2!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JeffnReno
Well, I am a May 2017 Model S with AP2 ... I just requested the FSD upgrade and got a July 5th Mobile Service Appointment. Now, it just happened so I'm sure I'll get an e-mail telling me that it can't be done yet - but here's hoping.

I also saw some comments about why the rush to get the upgrade. In my case, my wife just got a Raven Model X .... her autopilot seems smoother and her sentry mode actually records (and she has working dashcam!). And just to rub the salt in the wound, she's got MCU2 and the new games ... I sure hope Elon was right about being able to upgrade from MCU1 to MCU2!
I upgraded my march 2017 100d from mcu1 to mcu2 myself. I could not get the autopilot computer changed over cauae it was not working even though it was properly communicating with mcu. Problem was sensors and cameras.

I can ofer the upgrade to mcu2 as a service but it will still have ape 2.0, no 2.5 paskal

Well, I'm either being teased by Tesla - or I have an AP2 -> AP3 upgrade on the way for July 5th. Just got an appointment confirmation and, in my opinion, the key in that confirmation was:

Note: The day of your appointment you may see an update pending for your vehicle. Please do not install that update. This update has been sent by the Service Team and will be used to complete repairs on your Tesla. If you install the update before your appointment, we will have to resend the update to your car which will increase your appointment time depending on connectivity.

Here's to hoping for the best!