Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 upgrade waiting room: All FSD Tesla’s

Has anyone had their HW3 upgrade scheduled/completed yet???

• Yes

Votes: 96 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 498 83.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a mobile service appt for end of Nov for my USB ports not working (again). I'm going to ask prior to the appointment if they can update me to HW3 (my Oct 2018 build has the older hardware) without having to go to the Springfield NJ service center at a future date.

If you have
Anyone with AP2.5 and MCU1 - when they did the upgrade to AP3, did they upgrade MCU to MCU2? I am not sure if MCU2 is a must have for HW3.

Right now it is required. Appears that Tesla is buying time to get MCU1 to work with HW3. Wouldn't surprise me if they eventually say mcu2 is required and force us to pay

Tesla has only upgraded mcu2 cars so far. The one user here reported his mcu1 car was upgrades to hw3 but tesla made him come back to downgrade because it was a mistake

Isn't the MCU1 vs MCU2 issue isolated to S and X cars? Those of us with 3's all have MCU2, so they should be able to upgrade my FSD computer rather easily (assuming they have inventory). I realize some have had luck, others haven't, but I've been pretty good about having service work with me for anything reasonable I've asked for.

Isn't the MCU1 vs MCU2 issue isolated to S and X cars? Those of us with 3's all have MCU2, so they should be able to upgrade my FSD computer rather easily (assuming they have inventory). I realize some have had luck, others haven't, but I've been pretty good about having service work with me for anything reasonable I've asked for.

Normally I am pretty good at talking service people into doing what I would like, but was completely stonewalled by Tesla Dublin.

In my case I bought my car two weeks ago, when the text on the sales page said that all cars had FSD hardware, whether or not you paid for FSD. I then made the mistake of waiting a couple of weeks to buy the FSD package and it turns out my Sept 2019 car was only HW2.5.

I tried to be polite and persistent, which normally seems to work best for me, but didn't go anywhere. The service manager insisted that they just don't have any process in place for doing the model 3 upgrades right now.

Please let us know if you find a convincing strategy.

So those of us with S/X cars should just accept that we’re not going to get the FSD we paid for ?

I keep making 300 mile round trips just to get my clevis mount and suspension fixed... Two appointments so far and each time the model Xes in front of me got the parts... Back to service next week, I'm leaving my Model X there for 15 days while I go to Japan, so I really hope it's fixed by then! I finally have someone who communicates really well with me, and they have no news on HW3 upgrades. While these have been frustrating times I'm sure it will be done one day. This is for my 2016 Model X P100DL+ with FSD. I don't even know what version of mcu or hw I have, how do I find that out? Guessing HW2.5 and MCU1?