Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 upgrade waiting room: All FSD Tesla’s

Has anyone had their HW3 upgrade scheduled/completed yet???

• Yes

Votes: 96 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 498 83.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for the forum:

VIN: 98xxx

I have service for a cosmetic issue scheduled in Dedham, MA for early March ... in my service request, I asked about HW3 upgrade.

Tesla Service texted, asking me to re-send the image of the damage / cosmetic work, but hasn’t acknowledged (or said anything) regarding the HW3 upgrade.

Any thoughts on what I should do? I live far from the service center, so I *really* don’t want to miss the opportunity to have the HW3 upgrade done at the same time. I’m hesitant to modify the appointment, because of general unresponsive of Tesla Service.

What would you do?

Question for the forum:

I have service for a cosmetic issue scheduled in Dedham, MA for early March ... in my service request, I asked about HW3 upgrade.

Tesla Service texted, asking me to re-send the image of the damage / cosmetic work, but hasn’t acknowledged (or said anything) regarding the HW3 upgrade.

Any thoughts on what I should do? I live far from the service center, so I *really* don’t want to miss the opportunity to have the HW3 upgrade done at the same time. I’m hesitant to modify the appointment, because of general unresponsive of Tesla Service.

What would you do?

Include this I exact information in the response text and see if it is acknowledged.

Question for the forum:

What would you do?

Burt, my friend having a 3 LR, is scheduled for a HW3 upgrade at Watertown, MA on 2/27. So HW3 upgrades on 3 are starting to happen. He scheduled service for something else and asked for HW3 upgrade, and on response, in the text did get the response that his VIN has been flagged for update, and the service moved from mobile to Watertown.

Burt, my friend having a 3 LR, is scheduled for a HW3 upgrade at Watertown, MA on 2/27. So HW3 upgrades on 3 are starting to happen. He scheduled service for something else and asked for HW3 upgrade, and on response, in the text did get the response that his VIN has been flagged for update, and the service moved from mobile to Watertown.

Thank you — Tesla Service actually contacted me today to inform me that the upgrade is possible and will be done during the appointment.

Mine is at the service center now. Dropped it off at 10, but they didn’t get the car in today because they were too busy. Hope they finish it tomorrow so I don’t have to deal with picking it up next week. Was given $100 per day in Uber credits, but warned to NOT TIP. Since I am 1.5 hours from the service center, I made other arrangements, not sure how much that Uber ride would cost.

Edit: VIN less than 2000, 2017 Model 3, purchased FSD in December 2017

In the last month I upgraded an MX and an M3 to HW3 - one at Fremont SC and one at Reno SC. I had some issues to get addressed and added upgrade to HW3 in both app based service appointment requests and they were part of the service. I had already paid for FSD on both and on the M3 at Fremont they tried to charge me $2K for the upgrade. I pointed out I had already paid for it and showed them my account and they originally asked me to come back for my original service advisor 2 hours later which was not going to happen. After minor griping someone else got on a computer and saw I had paid for it and then the invoice was $0 - overall smooth service experience with that one issue.