Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 upgrade waiting room: All FSD Tesla’s

Has anyone had their HW3 upgrade scheduled/completed yet???

• Yes

Votes: 96 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 498 83.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you. I like your suggestion. One more question: WHAT customer service telephone number?

My service center was VERY insistent that I was getting free FSD upgrades but MCU2 upgrade demands payment. I will call if I know a number that someone will answer.

EDIT: I found the main "customer service phone number" and after pressing the buttons appropriately they forwarded me back to the local service center. There was not a "higher" level authority option. So If you have a good number where I could execute the process you suggested I will do it immediately.
What is your rush? Above info says end of May. I suspect they are behind due to everything going on. If you really don't want MCU2 then you may just need to exercise some patience. Surely they are wanting to prioritize service that provides them more revenue. I'm absolutely sure I have seen some MCU1 and FSD combos done as the post talked about what is different (limited) on the IC1 compared to others getting the IC2 (and MCU2).

Here is the service number and email on their page. I suspect it is the one you used. I'd pick a diff menu option if it was me. I'd also the the email options. The email below is off of a Tesla page but I've used this one before. [email protected]

Service
+1 (877) 79-TESLA or +1 (877) 798-3752
[email protected]

What is your rush? Above info says end of May. I suspect they are behind due to everything going on. If you really don't want MCU2 then you may just need to exercise some patience. Surely they are wanting to prioritize service that provides them more revenue. I'm absolutely sure I have seen some MCU1 and FSD combos done as the post talked about what is different (limited) on the IC1 compared to others getting the IC2 (and MCU2).

Here is the service number and email on their page. I suspect it is the one you used. I'd pick a diff menu option if it was me. I'd also the the email options. The email below is off of a Tesla page but I've used this one before. [email protected]

Service
+1 (877) 79-TESLA or +1 (877) 798-3752
[email protected]

I want MCU2 so it seems to be a package at my service center. I will pay what they want.

Yep, just got the FSD upgrade while keeping the MCU1 computer (although I'd love to have the MCU2, figured I'd wait and see before shelling out the $2,500). Everything works that I know of. The stop sign and traffic lights are great, although I'm starting to get over the whole "acknowledge there's a traffic light" part. I had HW 2.5 though.

I got my mcu1/hw2 model X upgraded to hw3 yesterday. I didn't get mcu2.

It took them about 4 hours. No settings changed that I noticed. Very easy. I had just scheduled an appointment for it, I didn't get a notice that the upgrade was available.

About a month ago I had my mcu2/hw2.5 model 3 upgraded to hw3. Similar process there (except I did lose a couple of settings).

Strange issue with upgrading my 2017 MX 100D. I finally received an email from Tesla stating Autopilot 3.0 upgrade was available. I scheduled appointment through the app and also added that I wanted the infotainment update as well. Took MX in morning on 6/18, SC completed same evening. Paid $2,500+ for infotainment update which according to Tesla Invoice, “Performed infotainment upgrade.” Parts replaced, “info Upgrad wit Replacement Touchscren(1582613-00-A). Driving home I noticed touchscreen still had yellow border, see inserted Thumbnail. Checked with SC 6/19, Supervisor response was that the infotainment update no longer includes an updated touchscreen. After I refused this response and pointed out the Invoice statement, SC has agreed to install a new screen on 6/22. Picture of touchscreen after infotainment update was completed. I am leaving now for the second appointment to have the screen replaced. Has anyone else had this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 72
Strange issue with upgrading my 2017 MX 100D. I finally received an email from Tesla stating Autopilot 3.0 upgrade was available. I scheduled appointment through the app and also added that I wanted the infotainment update as well. Took MX in morning on 6/18, SC completed same evening. Paid $2,500+ for infotainment update which according to Tesla Invoice, “Performed infotainment upgrade.” Parts replaced, “info Upgrad wit Replacement Touchscren(1582613-00-A). Driving home I noticed touchscreen still had yellow border, see inserted Thumbnail. Checked with SC 6/19, Supervisor response was that the infotainment update no longer includes an updated touchscreen. After I refused this response and pointed out the Invoice statement, SC has agreed to install a new screen on 6/22. Picture of touchscreen after infotainment update was completed. I am leaving now for the second appointment to have the screen replaced. Has anyone else had this problem?
Well, lcd (touch screen) is compatible between mcu1 and 2. So why would a company that has no customer loyalty give you a new screen?

yes i have seen this and happen to me too. I have new lcd screens though so i changed the screen myself.

if you are under warranty they will mobile replace your lcd. If not, pm me.

• Disagree
Reactions: LJ32
Update 6/23: SC completed installation of new touchscreen, all is working perfectly and no more yellow border. Was advised that the Infotainment upgrade has two options, one does not include a new screen. SC apologized for their error and took full ownership of the problem. MX100D now has completed Autopilot 3.0 upgrade and Infotainment update, including the Touchscreen. It was amazing driving home on Navigate on Autopilot with images of garbage cans showing on my neighborhood streets in a car built in 2017. I have already responded to Tesla Service Survey giving them the highest rating as always. Tesla continues perfect customer service now for three years. This is why I own two Teslas and remain a very happy and satisfied Tesla customer. Can't wait to purchase another Tesla.

I got notice that my upgrade is ready, but I'm still wondering if I should wait until they fully bake 3.0 in the field and release 3.1. This is the first chip designed in house; there has to be some flaws they didn't discover before release.

I am in a semi-similar thought process. Got my HW3 a few weeks ago. Did not get the email nor any sort of notice. I has a faulty door handle. After scheduling an appointment, I added " HW3 Update ( as I had done numerous times before), got a call a few minutes later to state that my VIN is up for the upgrade. Got a number of subsequent cancellations partly due to COVID.
Finally got tired of waiting therefore asked them to fix the door and install HW3. MCU 2 was not available and that what was holding everything up.

So far I am enjoying the HW3 after waiting for many moons albeit with MCU1.

2 days ago got communication that my infotainment is available, appointment scheduled. Should I go ahead with this upgrade or not?
Maybe the NTSB investigation may amount to a discount of the $2500 ( quite a lot of change there)...

Reactions: LJ32
I got notice that my upgrade is ready, but I'm still wondering if I should wait until they fully bake 3.0 in the field and release 3.1. This is the first chip designed in house; there has to be some flaws they didn't discover before release.
I would not wait, Tesla will always have future upgrades. I’ve had 2017 MX 100D and 2018 Performance M3 both upgraded to autopilot 3.0, both work perfectly with no problems. The benefit outweighs any reason for a delay.