Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I'm confused. My car is about fall 2018, VIN about 110,000 - but I have dashcam and sentry mode (don't recall if YouTube works, I assume it does). When did they start putting the new MCU into production?

Still waiting for FSD HW3 upgrade, haven't heard anything from Tesla yet. I'm assuming HW3 is needed to recognize the finer points of road decoration - traffic lights, stop signs, etc. - so I hope it's coming soon.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Yes, I'm confused. My car is about fall 2018, VIN about 110,000 - but I have dashcam and sentry mode (don't recall if YouTube works, I assume it does). When did they start putting the new MCU into production?

Still waiting for FSD HW3 upgrade, haven't heard anything from Tesla yet. I'm assuming HW3 is needed to recognize the finer points of road decoration - traffic lights, stop signs, etc. - so I hope it's coming soon.

New MCU was somewhere in the spring of 2018. I had a June 2018 build date and it came with the new MCU.

Dropped by the MONTREAL SC this AM to pick up the mud flaps. Asked about the HW3 upgrade. Told me they had done a few but did not have enough parts to do everyone and that Tesla would reach out by VIN number when ready.

Hehe, this is funny as I just did the same thing today at Montreal SC. They pretty much told me the same thing although the agent mentioned that my VIN would be checked when I set my next service appointment. My car has no problems and I'm not due for service though. They told me that they don't so many upgrades though, around 1-2 a week

Did you need to reconfigure everything with the car after the new hardware or does it retain your settings?

I had mine done in Winnipeg last week, and the only settings I had to reconfigure were the autopilot settings (NoA, summon, etc) after the cameras finished calibrating (took about 20 minutes of highway driving to calibrate).

All other settings (including all the user profiles) stayed intact through the upgrade.

I had mine done in Winnipeg last week, and the only settings I had to reconfigure were the autopilot settings (NoA, summon, etc) after the cameras finished calibrating (took about 20 minutes of highway driving to calibrate).

All other settings (including all the user profiles) stayed intact through the upgrade.
Model S or X I’m assuming?
Service centre in Kitchener told me to expect the rollout to begin sometime in February.
Any update on this?