Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car's in the shop for body work. Anyone that wants to grab an upgrade kit, give Kitchener SC shout.

upload_2020-3-6_9-51-36.png

Reactions: pcons and Tony_YYZ
My car's in the shop for body work. Anyone that wants to grab an upgrade kit, give Kitchener SC shout.

View attachment 518759
Forgot to mention: when I did my visit for HW3 I also picked up a set of the free mud flaps. Ask if you go in, they actually look pretty decent. I have some already installed, but I may swap the front ones out for these....

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Does anyone noticed the Range dropped after HW3 upgrade ?
My 100% was around 485km before upgrade and now only 470km. Upgrade done on last Friday @ Mississauga.
My range is exactly the same as before after the upgrade. Have you ever gotten your range boost to 527km (at 100% SOC) last year? I did, but now is back down to 502. Not sure if this has anything to do with battery degradation based on mileage. I have around 23k on my car right now.

My range is exactly the same as before after the upgrade. Have you ever gotten your range boost to 527km (at 100% SOC) last year? I did, but now is back down to 502. Not sure if this has anything to do with battery degradation based on mileage. I have around 23k on my car right now.

Seen it around 520km for a very short period of time and then stayed at 480 - 490 km before upgrade. Now 470km after HW3 upgrade ?

I'm pretty sure that range increase thing was quietly reverted for everyone and nobody seemed to care.

Reactions: McFlurri
I had my 2018 Model 3 LR RWD updated to 20.4.1 and then the Full Self Driving Computer installed yesterday at the new (moved) Tesla Service Centre on Railside in North York (used to be the Lawrence location, moved around the corner). They gave me a loaner S P85D to drive around for the 4 hours it took to do the service. Once I got my car back I was surprised that they were able to save all the settings. The only thing that I seem to have lost is my favourites on my web browser and I had to reconnect my phone bluetooth! The car gave notice that the cameras had to calibrate, and that took about 7 km of driving on the DVP to finish. Strangely the display immediately showed traffic cones, but not traffic lights. I passed 1 prior to the camera calibrating, and 2 afterwards and none showed. It is asking me to connect to WIFI to update the map data, but that should not affect the traffic lights should it? Funny thing is, I swear I updated to 20.8 2 days before I had the hardware update. Could they have downgraded me, or am I just imagining things. I hadn't had an update for weeks, and was happy to do the update earlier in the week, knowing I had the new hardware coming.

Last edited: