Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: Shaz
Hmm that's interesting, and you also have MCU 1? Also which hard drive are you using?
As an update to this, I am seeing some of this pixelation too now. It seems to happen in rough road conditions, but I need to do more analysis to be sure.
In any case, I’ve forwarded some same video to my local Ranger, so I’ll wait and see what he says.

• Helpful
Reactions: Shaz
Upgraded our 2017 90D MCU1 AP2.0 to HW3 on Monday, SC had it for the full day. Was on 2020.8.2, after HW3 install, moved to 2020.20.12, then yesterday got 2020.20.17. Stop sign and traffic option is avail, but haven't had a chance to drive and try. SW upgrade fixed the non-working USB issue, so happy about that. On the fence on whether to upgrade to MCU2...

Upgraded our 2017 90D MCU1 AP2.0 to HW3 on Monday, SC had it for the full day. Was on 2020.8.2, after HW3 install, moved to 2020.20.12, then yesterday got 2020.20.17. Stop sign and traffic option is avail, but haven't had a chance to drive and try. SW upgrade fixed the non-working USB issue, so happy about that. On the fence on whether to upgrade to MCU2...

About MCU2.. I am the same.
I have time to think it over.

Let's experiment with what we have for now.

About MCU2.. I am the same.
I have time to think it over.

Let's experiment with what we have for now.

Totally agree. I'm new to the car (CPO only a few weeks ago) so haven't had it long enough to experience any decline in responsiveness or other limitations of MCU1. Now having dashcam and sentry saving to USB is something I wasn't expecting to get when I bought the car, so feeling like I got a bonus there. I've not found a need for the 'entertainment' extras that would come with MCU2, but perhaps that time will come. And it's good to know there is an upgrade path if I ever feel I'm loosing out on other features or can't handle the responsiveness. I can always spring for the upgrade if I ever come across some found money...

Totally agree. I'm new to the car (CPO only a few weeks ago) so haven't had it long enough to experience any decline in responsiveness or other limitations of MCU1. Now having dashcam and sentry saving to USB is something I wasn't expecting to get when I bought the car, so feeling like I got a bonus there. I've not found a need for the 'entertainment' extras that would come with MCU2, but perhaps that time will come. And it's good to know there is an upgrade path if I ever feel I'm loosing out on other features or can't handle the responsiveness. I can always spring for the upgrade if I ever come across some found money...

We are the same I got mine a month ago.