Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to get the upgrade from tesla service

This was their message:
This is Kirsten from Tesla Service. We are preparing your appointment for March 2 8:30am. Just reaching as at this moment we do have the part for the FSD retrofit however Tesla has decided to include a cover replacement that needs to be done with the retrofit and we currently do not have that cover.

You were scheduling the service just for the HW3 upgrade? Did you just try or did they reach out to you saying you're up?

I tried to get the upgrade from tesla service

This was their message:
This is Kirsten from Tesla Service. We are preparing your appointment for March 2 8:30am. Just reaching as at this moment we do have the part for the FSD retrofit however Tesla has decided to include a cover replacement that needs to be done with the retrofit and we currently do not have that cover.

I noticed on the sheet they sent me, in addition to the HW3 upgrade there's also a warranty fix for the charger port. Fortunately it looks like the Marietta GA Service Center has that part (or will do so in early March). Sorry yours is currently out of stock.

Reactions: Ken A
Ah ok. I believe you're going to the Mississauga SC based on your previous replies. Maybe I'll try booking an appt in a few weeks time. That's where I normally take my car to get serviced as well.

Keep us updated on your progress if you can.

Yes, I go to Mississauga. They canceled my appointment due to that missing part, I guess I just have to contact them again in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Last week I saw that somebody in BC got their HW3 upgrade. This was the first one in Canada I was aware of. So on Thursday morning, i booked and appointment to get my TM3 (June build) done, expecting it to be cancelled. Thursday evening I got a confirmation to get the work done at the Toronto Mississauga service center on ambassador Drive. I was not even aware this service center existed. As of Saturday, it still stands, though I will be pleasantly surprised, if it is not cancelled by Tuesday. Will keep you updated.

From reading here, it seems a few others are trying as well, so we should know soon if they are moving forward on a first come first serve basis

Have an appointment at the Oakville Center on the Feb 25th as well for HW3 installation. Have the 2018 LR RWD M3.

The person who will supposedly be installing this dropped by my house today to quickly fix my other issue (stuck door handles) and confirmed this as well in person. Can't wait :)

Reactions: Kmartyn
I’m tempted to try scheduling mine, only if it’s a service center job, I’ll have to wait until April to get a couple days off to head to the nearest one. I’m in Halifax NS, and I’d have to roadtrip to either Montreal or Quebec City in Quebec.

Okay mine appointment move to Lawrence location instead of mobile service. They also text me that the appointment may be rescheduled if Lawrence did not get the parts by my appointment.

anyone knows how long it will take for the Job. what’s the transportation arrangement they will provide. I really need a car, for me Uber coupon is not workable.

• Informative
Reactions: mahagala