Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week I saw that somebody in BC got their HW3 upgrade. This was the first one in Canada I was aware of. So on Thursday morning, i booked and appointment to get my TM3 (June build) done, expecting it to be cancelled. Thursday evening I got a confirmation to get the work done at the Toronto Mississauga service center on ambassador Drive. I was not even aware this service center existed. As of Saturday, it still stands, though I will be pleasantly surprised, if it is not cancelled by Tuesday. Will keep you updated.

From reading here, it seems a few others are trying as well, so we should know soon if they are moving forward on a first come first serve basis

So I see some are getting cancelled due to lack of parts, and others moving forward. My appointment for this Thursday still holding.

Have an appointment for tomorrow in Oakville to address a bad squeak on my drivers window when it rolls down. I asked if they could do the HW3 upgrade at the same time since I was coming in. Got a text this morning confirming my appointment, and the HW3 retrofit to be done in the same visit as well. Lets see how it goes. I'm assuming since they confirmed today that it will all go forward.

I assume it will likely need to stay there for a few hours minimum. In the past they have either given me a rental car at their cost, or a loaner.

Last edited:
Have an appointment for tomorrow in Oakville to address a bad squeak on my drivers window when it rolls down. I asked if they could do the HW3 upgrade at the same time since I was coming in. Got a text this morning confirming my appointment, and the HW3 retrofit to be done in the same visit as well. Lets see how it goes. I'm assuming since they confirmed today that it will all go forward.

I assume it will likely need to stay there for a few hours minimum. In the past they have either given me a rental car at their cost, or a loaner.
Same situation as you for this Thursday. I'm bundled for squeaky drivers seat, fogged up fog light, and requested the HW3 upgrade. Appointment was confirmed last week.

lol Tesla just texted me back saying no HW3 for me.

• Informative
Reactions: 03DSG
Maybe me and Funk got it because it was bundled with another service visit, so rather than have us in there twice they prioritize those with 'other' issues as well? So, go out and find something wrong with your car! :p
I had mobile service coming to me this week per Tesla Support's guidance. So I asked about HW3 at the same time and they texted saying I haven't been picked yet for installation.

hmm, I wonder if they will say 'no fault found' since there is fog in the fog light :)

Interested in how 'squeaky' your squeaky seat is? Mine squeaks, but I am pretty sure its the right side of the seat rubbing against the centre armrest. I just assumed that's something I have to live with.

My seat starts creaking if I go over a speed bump, but it comes and goes.

I haven't had any issues with my drivers side fog light until recently. And it's stayed foggy for the last 2 weeks and it's almost to the point where I would say there's a mini pond in there.

Maybe me and Funk got it because it was bundled with another service visit, so rather than have us in there twice they prioritize those with 'other' issues as well? So, go out and find something wrong with your car! :p

I usually find the SC to be more receptive to retrofit requests if you have some other "legit" issues to go see them :p. Normally I wouldn't bring up the squeaky seat issue until near the end of warranty but might as well mention it now. We'll see if I actually will get HW3 upgrade on Thursday.

If Tesla release a major feature only for people with FSD and HW3, then they shall retrofit all ppl purchased FSD from HW2.5. If not, will they have any legal issue?

Well, get in line. At least the HW2.5 to HW3 sounds more likely. For those of us who purchased FSD with HW2.0, the lack of news from Tesla is getting long in the tooth. My only saving grace is mine is a lease although if they don't deliver on FSD before the lease is over, I'm asking Tesla to transfer it to the next vehicle (probably wishful thinking).