Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, but at the Mississauga service center. They said it takes under 2 hours, but explainec they were really backed up today, and suggested I take one of their free loaners, and come back late afternoon. Which I did. Heading back in a couple of hours.

They seem to be fully open to upgrading any TM3 with FSD that books an appointment, with only a few days notice. No need to wait for them to contact you.

• Informative
Reactions: pcons
Tried to book an appointment through the app. Got an automated text saying they'd contact at a later time and no need to book it now...

"Hello,

All customers who purchased the Full Self-Driving package and do not have the Full Self-Driving Computer will receive the retrofit at no charge. Installations will start with select vehicles at our service centers in the U.S., and we will expand the program over time. At this time there is no need to contact Tesla or schedule a service visit for this retrofit - Tesla will be in touch with all eligible customers when it is time to schedule an appointment.

Thank you - Tesla Service”

Tried to book an appointment through the app. Got an automated text saying they'd contact at a later time and no need to book it now...

"Hello,

All customers who purchased the Full Self-Driving package and do not have the Full Self-Driving Computer will receive the retrofit at no charge. Installations will start with select vehicles at our service centers in the U.S., and we will expand the program over time. At this time there is no need to contact Tesla or schedule a service visit for this retrofit - Tesla will be in touch with all eligible customers when it is time to schedule an appointment.

What service center did you try to book appointment at?

What service center did you try to book appointment at?

I'm in Oakville pretty close to Oakville service center (I walked there the day I picked up my car). But the app booked me a mobile service appointment and then I got the text about not needing to book and I'll be contacted when they're ready. Still not 100% sure my mobile service is cancelled or not but it seems to be the case.

• Informative
Reactions: Pilot7478
Update:...but I'm on a conference call so wont be getting into it for a while. But the car needs to re calibrate auto pilot anyway so wont really be able to fully exercise it until that happens anyway.
Ooh ooh the browse the forums conference calls, I used to love those :D

Thanks for the heads-up on the lost settings. I'll take screenshots before handing the car over when the time comes. Opinion seems split on whether or not settings are lost.

Ooh ooh the browse the forums conference calls, I used to love those :D

Thanks for the heads-up on the lost settings. I'll take screenshots before handing the car over when the time comes. Opinion seems split on whether or not settings are lost.

I wonder if it's related to the model. I had the swap done a couple of weeks ago in an S, and the only settings that were lost were the Navigate on Autopilot settings. Everything else stayed in place.

Got my car back today (same day turn around), they replaced my fog light but they couldn't replicate the squeaky seat.

My car retained ALL settings (including Spotify login, profiles etc) except for WIFI and bluetooth. It looks like part of the retrofit is install a new wifi/bluetooth module as my home router is reporting a different MAC address for my car now.

• Informative
Reactions: Shaz and Vawlkus

"Hello,

If that response is from this week, I would certainly call B.S..
People in the GTA are not being contacted, but if you book an appointment, they are mostly going through, if they have the parts, which now seem readily available for 2019 model 3s.

If that response is from this week, I would certainly call B.S..
People in the GTA are not being contacted, but if you book an appointment, they are mostly going through, if they have the parts, which now seem readily available for 2019 model 3s.

They may have the part. But it looks like some sort of automated response based on some pattern matching in the text of the request. As in it didn't get cancelled from Oakville but HQ, since I didn't hear from a specific person but got a generic form letter. I'll try booking another appointment with different wording just to see.

Perhaps when the Vaughan service and sales center opens, they will get caught up on these upgrades. It is supposed to be the biggest one in the GTA area. They are renovating a Sears home store. Anybody know the timeline for that location?
IIRC it was Weston rd and Finch area.