TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

HW3 will not stay in the lane

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by No42, Oct 12, 2019.

1. No42

No42 Member

Got to test HW3 first time on my new M3 on a road trip. I was shocked to discover it is performing much worse than my previous M3 on Ap2.5 HW. The new one will cross the lane, swirl to right, and bounce back in between.
    Previous car was dead centered all the times, now issues after 15 miles on hw2.5.

How AP HW 3.0 is working for you so far?

2. No42

No42 Member

• Informative x 1
  3. camalaio

camalaio Active Member

Looks like it almost completely missed that first corner, I'm surprised you kept it engaged! I assume that's the one you're talking about versus the one where you disabled it and nearly went into the other lane yourself.

Mine sort of behaves like this, but for the other side. It hugs the left no matter which direction the corner goes. Some rightward turns will cause it to briefly leave the lane, and far too many cause it to get uncomfortably close to the line. I'm apparently HW3.

Perhaps make a service appointment and show them this video. You may not get much sympathy due to going over the speed limit.

4. qdeathstar

qdeathstar Active Member

never experienced something that, mines pretty good at keeping lanes, even if there isn’t a white line... i’m not on version 10 yet though hw3 sr+

5. ElectricEel

ElectricEel Member

That was horrible!!

Even on my 2.5 w/latest update I've noticed in curves it drifts softly to the line but never goes over.

Before it would lock dead between the lines and if the lines curved hard the wheel turned hard. I prefer the soft curve of the new.