Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW4 sensor suite and hi-res camera updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, I wonder if that's why there was a increase from 10k to 15k in around 2021, to cover the cost of upgrading old hw3 when hw4 releases.
Perhaps the high cost reflects the need for Tesla to help cover the cost to upgrade owners who bought FSD for $3k. That was the case for my first Telsa a M3.

I'm still expecting a "free" upgrade on my camera-less legacy MS if that hardware is needed for FSD as promised many, many times.

It's one thing to make an aspirational statement. It's quite another to charge money for a feature described in great detail but not yet delivered.

Now, about the flying car I'm aspirationally developing - it too can be ordered today for a mere $15k - you already have all of the necessary hardware to make it work. Get yours before FOMO kicks in and the assured massive price increases coming soon. PM for details. 😷

Reactions: pilotSteve
Chances of a HW4 retrofit to the existing fleet hover around zero.
For those that paid upfront for FSD they will have to or they will be paying out more in legal fees and damages than the cost to retrofit.

Even most cars from early model 3 onwards were promised with full self driving hardware included so the majority of Tesla owners could sue without a free upgrade. Just no one has tested it in court yet unless those that paid for FSD package

Reactions: pilotSteve
For those that paid upfront for FSD they will have to or they will be paying out more in legal fees and damages than the cost to retrofit.

Even most cars from early model 3 onwards were promised with full self driving hardware included so the majority of Tesla owners could sue without a free upgrade. Just no one has tested it in court yet unless those that paid for FSD package
May the odds be ever in your favor.

For those that paid upfront for FSD they will have to or they will be paying out more in legal fees and damages than the cost to retrofit......
Tesla won't say that HW4 is NEEDED and they will continue working on FSD for HW3. All Tesla has to do is eventfully reach L3 on HW3. Could be HW4 will be better suited at eventually achieving L4.

No matter what Tesla doesn't have to do ANYTHING for probably several years since there is NO full self driving on HW4 to contest.