TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

hydrogen production

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by graham, Mar 1, 2009.

1. graham

graham Active Member

Hydrogen Produced from Aluminum and Water

This is nowhere near the production levels needed to produce power for cars - but this technology might help solve some of Romm's hydrogen miracles. If you can produce hydrogen from water with no electricity, it may be more efficient than battery driven cars. It could be produced on site, or in-car possibly solving the transport problems. I hope they can find a way to make this work in volume and cheaply/efficiently.

2. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

But how exactly would you obtain unoxidized aluminum? Not without lots of electricity.

3. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

#3 stopcrazypp, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
    Yeah, the energy has to come from somewhere. I don't see how this is different from what the genepax "water" car supposedly uses (metal hydrolysis).

4. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

And there is nothing wrong with your vision because those processes aren't really different. They are just moving the problem somewhere else so they can get some more government money to do "new viable research".

Hydrogen car is 30 years away for last 30 years. It just cannot happen.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I thought it was 10 years away for the last 30 years.

HFCV
    Hopelessly ForthComing Vehicle
    (credit Graham)