Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hydrosilex Recharge "spray" ceramic coating - my video test

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I know.. it's not a "proper" ceramic coating but I think the video does justice.

I masked off 3 boxes with painters tape on my hood. I tried untreated paint vs meguiars wash and wax vs hydrosilex. Then I dumped water on it. Super dooper scientific, but I think the video speaks for itself.

I fell for the advertisements on Facebook and I said what the hell, I'll try it. Well I'm glad I did.

Anyway... for what worth...

Attachments

• 20180603_130253.jpg
    20180603_130253.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 107
I am suspicious of fancy words like ceramic, titanium, etc when it comes to paint protection.

I would add "glass coating" to that and "me too" when it comes to suspicion. But then I used 22ple and it really was a "game changer":

This product is a game changer! - 22ple VX1 Pro Coating

I put it on my S when it was new over 4 years ago, and every six months since, and it shines like new and is not dulling like a wrap. When I used it on my new 3 recently I got some on the window and after it dried it took a razor blade to scrape it off. It really is like glass or ceramic given how hard it is when dry -- but "titanium" takes it too far. Still, so much better, and easier, than traditional waxing.

Should have tried a true wax like Megulars Synthetic Wax.....applied with an orbital. Water test is pretty weak. Need to see how it holds under several car washes, bad weather. I am suspicious of fancy words like ceramic, titanium, etc when it comes to paint protection.
Sure! I totally agree. For a quick spray on, wipe off I think the results are pretty good... for now.

Reactions: P85_DA
Please try to treat one side or some areas.. Then check for difference one week, four weeks later, and/or some washes later.
My experience is that even very expensive, professional applied ceramic coating lasts too short.