Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hyper-Flashing Of Turn Signal!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The turn signal on our P100D is hyper-flashing. Only Happens to the driver side turn signal! Does anyone know why the car is doing this? Tried a reboot that didn't help at all. When hazards are activated it goes back to normal. But when hazards are off the drivers side hyper flashes. Passenger Turn Signal is fine.

Reactions: S142jzkillaV10
The turn signal on our P100D is hyper-flashing. Only Happens to the driver side turn signal! Does anyone know why the car is doing this? Tried a reboot that didn't help at all. When hazards are activated it goes back to normal. But when hazards are off the drivers side hyper flashes. Passenger Turn Signal is fine.
Are all of the bulbs working? Could be a bad bulb or connection on the drivers side.

That's an easy fix. First you'll need to launch in ludicrous. Once you reach 88mph, the time space continuum will make everything around you appear slower. This is where you can use your turn signal and it will appear to blink normally. The hazard will bring you back to normal space. Use sparingly though as everyone around you will age faster. It's another reason Tesla has a counter for the launches which will limit your ability to use it.

Back in the day when the flasher was a bimetal that heated and cooled, flashing fast or not flashing was a sign of a burned out lamp.

Now everything (except sometimes the lamp) is solid state, but I was surprised to learn (when my wife's Jeep turn signal burned out) that they sense the load change and change the flash rate, as opposed a putting useful message on the dashboard! I even plugged the new lamp in and out to see it switch between the two flash rates. It takes a few seconds for it to notice, so it has to be by design. Weird.